VIII. Middle Of The Night

Chapter 8, Middle Of The Night
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

   " So, how about we don't do that and we just stargaze? "

~ Harper's POV ~

         Buzz...
          Buzz...
            Buzz...

     The sound of vibration was what woke me up from my deep sleep, I looked around and tried to gain all my consciousness so that I could check my phone and see what time it was, I reached to my nightstand and grabbed it to check the time, it was around the middle of the night when I checked that I had seven missed calls from Lori-Anne.
   I sighed before sitting up on my bed and grabbing my LEDs remote to change the color to blue, I called her back and sighed as I tried to keep myself awake enough so that she could answer and tell me why is she even trying to call me at this moment.

     "What is it? Why are you calling me at this moment?"

    My voice was all groggily, I didn't like waking up early at all but then again you never know what happened to them, they're always doing the stupidest thing that ever came into their mind.

    "Do you want to have a sleepover at mine? I know you were asleep but I want you to stargaze and sleep under the stars like you always wanted to do."

     Lori-Anne offered, I smiled at her words because I had said that I wanted to sleep under the stars when I was younger, I didn't think that she would even remember what I said anyways.
   I accepted the offer and hung up the phone, I grabbed my sleeping bag and grabbed my phone before walking out of my room and slowly stepping down the stairs, I didn't want to wake my mom up so I had to be silent.

    I grabbed the car keys from the counter and left a note on the fridge before leaving the house and closing the door gently, I locked the door and unlocked the car.
   I drove to Lori-Anne's house excitedly, I wanted to sleep under the stars because it would be the first time I would do this, I parked in front of her apartment and walked into the apartment, walking to the elevator and pressing the button.

     I sent a text to Lori-Anne to let her know that I was on my way to her apartment, she was going to meet me on the roof, I was really excited to do this, I felt like a little girl again.
   When the elevator doors opened, I squealed one excitement and got inside, clicking the button to go all the way up, I was going to be taking photos and then posting them on my Instagram account.

     Once I got up to the roof and the door's opened, I walked out and looked around for my best friend to see if she had already got up here or not, that's when she appeared from the other side of the roof and hugged me tightly.
    I smiled at her and hugged her back tightly before walking with her to the center of the roof and laying the sleeping bags next to one another, I sat on top of mines just to stargaze with Lori-Anne for a little bit before laying back down and going to sleep.

     "We should go back to the hill, I heard that the old lady also loved stargazing!"

      There she goes, trying to get me to lose my life because she wants to go see if a creepy old dead lady over a myth that she's taken to the heart, I need to take her to therapy because I can't handle this no more.

    " So, how about we don't do that and we just stargaze? "

     Shooting down her idea, Lori-Anne nods and gets into her sleeping bag, laying on her back to watch the stars, I got into my sleeping bag and laid down on my back as well.
   I loved the stars, I wanted my name to be Star at one point but then realized that Harper was something that I loved the most, Lori-Anne grabbed my hand and smiled at me.

      My eyes got heavier by the second and I hated it, I allowed my eyes to close and let my body to relax itself into the warm sleeping bag, although it doesn't mean that the ground was comfortable, I was already exhausted.
    So without fighting my sleep, I gave in and began to lay on my side, despite forgetting that I wanted to take photos with Lori-Anne so that I would remember this night forever, it didn't mean that I would forget about this night.

     I'm almost glad that she woke me up to hang out and sleep under the stars, I'm also very surprised she remembered that I wanted to sleep under the stars, I felt really happy knowing that she actually listens to me.
    All of my friends amaze me when they tell me something that I had told them years ago, I probably even told them out of excitement because I have seen people do it before me and wanted to do it as well.

       So when they mention it again and tell me to come do it with them, I wanted to melt down to the ground and cry because they actually listen to me and understand me, it's good that our friendship is like this.
   There are moments where I feel like I don't even deserve them because of how good of friends I have, sometimes I don't even think that this is real and that I would be waking up in my bed from this amazing dream.

    But then again, I'm glad that I met them, the same way I'm glad that Lori-Anne woke me up to sleep under the stars tonight.