XIII. Losing Weight

Chapter 13, Losing Weight
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

   " I'm finally becoming a skinny legend, what's wrong with that? "

~ Harper's POV ~

     Why do the days of the school have to drag on? Like nobody likes you, just hurry it up so i can spend the next two days in my bed without having to move a single muscle for anything.
   Today was Friday, I don't really hate Fridays as they were my favorite day because it was welcoming to the weekend, but some Fridays just drag on for no reason which starts the love hate relationship I have with them.

     I had a little bit of trouble searching for an outfit that fit me, I don't understand why but everything I had tried on felt like they were to big on me but they were all the correct size, I should know, I bought them with my friends no longer than two weeks ago.
    Now all of a sudden I have lost crazy weight and nothing seems to hold on from my waist down, everything feels as if I took from my boyfriend's closet to wear just so that I could be reminded of him but in reality, I was single and everyone knew that.

    So how in the world am I losing all of this weight? I have been eating the correct amount of food, not going any less or more, just the way that I normally eat.
   But with my throat feeling horrible and worse than ever, I cut back on eating a lot just so that I could have a good day without my throat harming me, so what am I supposed to do now?

    Oversized clothes were the style and aesthetic these days but they weren't my aesthetic nor style, people would think something's up if I show up to school with baggy ripped jeans and a baggy graphic tee.
   Time was ticking and I couldn't bother to lose much more time, so I put my clothes on and tied my laces before slinging my backpack on one shoulder and snatching my phone off the bed, in annoyance and in a rush, I slammed the door and races out of my house.

    If I miss my bus, I might just have to drown myself in my tub because not only would I be walking to school in a bad mood, but I would be arriving in a bad mood and wouldn't want to talk to anyone for the whole day.
    Getting there just in time, I got on my bus and sat down, I didn't even want to go on my phone to pass the time, I just wanted to go to school and get my things done with so that I could go back home and sleep.

    I got a little bit of weird stares when I did arrive to school but I shrugged them off and walked into the school, I walked to my locker and grabbed everything that I didn't need and put them away before closing my locker shut.
   The stares and whispers didn't get to me as much as I thought they would, people like to talk and would do anything to talk about you, whether it's good or bad.

    I guess some people's lives are just so boring that they need to make it interesting with some drama, can't stand those types of people anyways, they're not going to get far into life and you know it.
   Sophie spotted me from a mile away but she was a little confused on why I looked different, she walked over to me as I began to head towards my home room class.

     "Hey, you look a little different today, but I don't know if it's a bad or good different yet."

   Seriously Sophie? That's your way of greeting me today? We got to work on your people skills and it's gotta be soon.

   " I'm finally becoming a skinny legend, what's wrong with that? "

      I laughed as I walked into the classroom with Sophie trailing behind me, she began to ask me wild questions and make sure that I was fully okay before walking away from me and leaving the classroom.
    The classroom was empty, the teacher wasn't here but you didn't really need a teacher to be in the class with you, I didn't need anyone with me right now, I just wanted to be alone with my own thoughts until it was time for attendance in homeroom.

    The only thoughts that clouded my mind was the weight ones, have I really gotten that skinny that it was noticeable to my friends?
   I mean, I don't think so because my friends see me everyday, I probably look the same but my outfit makes me look skinnier than I really am.

    Not being too pleased with my thoughts, I walked out of the classroom and just wandered the halls until the loud bell rung, I held onto my right ear as it did because the loud noise made my ear begin to hurt.
    After it finally relaxed and healed, I walked to the homeroom class and got my attendance taken care of before walking to my first period and waiting there.

    I didn't want to be around anyone that would be too loud, my throat and ear were getting to be too much and now it started to affect my weight which was now worrying me.
   The way I stared at my body at lunch time in the bathroom was what began to worry me, I didn't want people thinking the wrong but I didn't know what to tell them.

    Maybe they should just mind their business about my health, I know what I'm putting in my body and what I'm not, even if it's not a lot of things, I still know what I'm doing when it comes to my health.

    But right now, it feels like I know nothing at all, and that's starting to scare me...