III. Dance Tryouts

Chapter 3, Dance Tryouts
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    " Please refrain from doing anything stupid that might risk the chance of getting suspended or expelled. "

  ~ Harper's POV ~

         The anxiety that I have right now was going through the roof, it was five minutes til lunch time and I was sitting right next to Charlie, we were both putting our things away and getting ready to bolt of the classroom.
    We were sitting in English class, fidgeting with our essentials as we put them away quickly, when the bell finally rung, we grabbed our bookbags and ran out the classroom without looking back or hesitating.

     Charlie and I didn't want to head straight to the cafeteria because we didn't know if Kaylee would pull Sophie to the side and speak to her alone which would result in Sophie getting beat up, so we ran to different classes in search for our fragile best friend.
    I didn't mind running, it was the fact that I was bumping into a bunch of people while looking for Sophie that I minded a lot, Charlie was even shouting for Sophie as she shoved and got shoved in different places.

    Spotting the girl's ponytail and pastel yellow sweater, I grabbed Charlie's arm and we ran to the direction that I had pointed at, it was a race against time when we saw that Kaylee was also searching for her.
    I hadn't had this much adrenaline since the time Lori-Anne tried to convince us to go swimming in the lake that rumored to have a crocodile hiding in it.

    Grabbing Sophie's arm, I glared at her before we walked back to the cafeteria.
   I could kill this girl right now, how could she post something like that on her Instagram knowing damn well that she has a fear of confrontation.

    "What was running through your mind when you posted that?!"

      I asked her as we walked to where Dylan and Lori-Anne was sitting, they greeted us but they also had a stern look on their face when they saw Sophie.

    "I didn't want people calling me a crybaby anymore, I wanted them to see that I didn't cry for everything."

       I understood where she's coming from but she didn't need to make a post about it, especially directing it to someone, that's just idiotic and I'm supposed to be the one who does idiotic stuff.
    Sophie hated the title the crybaby, she was sensitive and she knew that but that didn't mean she would cry every single small thing.

      Confrontation was never her style and so when people would scream at her, she would start to cry, that's what she wanted people to understand.
   She didn't like confrontation, she hated everything about it, especially when you're not even doing it alone.

     "Soph, we know you don't like being called that but there's other ways for changing that title, other ways that didn't involve directing a post to someone."

     Dylan said as she grabbed Sophie's hand, I sighed and watched as Kaylee walked into the cafeteria, looking around for Sophie, when she spotted her, she made her way over here.
   Charlie and I were the most defensive ones in the group, Charlie knew how to win any type of argument against numbers of people while I knew how to win any type of fight against numbers of people.

    "What's that about wanting to talk to me if I called you a crybaby again? You're soft, Sophie, don't try to act all tough."

      Kaylee came down on Sophie, you could see the tears starting shine in her eyes and knew that the poor girl stood no chance against someone who was just being disrespectful and trying to bring people down.
   I got up from my seat and pushed Kaylee back, she was way too close to Sophie and if you're just going to disrespect someone then do it a distance, makes no sense getting in their face if you aren't looking to get clocked.

    "Sophie is a sensitive person, you should know that Kaylee. Weren't you the same girl crying in freshmen year when your friend dumped you?"

     Perks of being on good terms with Cordelia is having all the dirt on different people, all I had to do was fight the person that wanted to fight her and she'd keep spilling secrets like a leaky faucet.
   Watching Kaylee crumble at what I said was so satisfying, but I didn't expect drama to even begin so early in the year.

     When Kaylee walked away and walked to her new friends, I sat back down and sighed once again, I just wanted a relaxing first day, was that too much to ask of anyone?

   "Dance Tryouts are next week, are you excited?"

     Lori-Anne asked me as she took a bite out of her grilled cheese, she's the only person that could eat food that's supposed to be scorching hot, really cold.
   I don't even mind it either, it just amazes me everytime.

      "Yeah, pretty excited, I just hope nothing goes wrong."

     Getting on the dance team is such a big deal for me and I didn't want to get into any trouble that would jeopardize my chances of being apart of it, I wanted to get a scholarship for it or maybe get an offer for it.
    Everyone has their goal in life that they want to reach, sometimes they do everything and anything they can to reach it and others they just let their dreams go, but I didn't want to let mine go.

    " Please refrain from doing anything stupid that might risk the chance of getting suspended or expelled. "

    It's not ridiculous that I have to tell my friends to make sure that the decisions they are making won't lead to anything bad, but I have to be on the safe side and remind them that I can't get into trouble that much this year.
    Have you ever wanted something so bad and when you almost got it, it's snatched away from you over something you have no control over? That's what I'm afraid of.

     "Can't make promises but, we'll make sure to do stupid things once you're tryouts are done."

     Lori-Anne laughed, I looked at her and smiled back before taking my lunch out of my bookbag.
   I just made myself a sandwich with some juice.

      My throat was getting a little bit more scratchy which made me clear my throat before eating my lunch and talking to my friends, I probably just woke up with a little bit of allergies.
   I'll make sure to take some allergy medication when I get home from school today, it's not that big of a deal.