II. Drama, Already?

Chapter 2, Drama, Already?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

       " Lucky, I got Mrs. Guerra for Spanish. That woman hates my guts. "

  ~ Harper's POV ~

      As I walked into my school, the sounds of laughter and chatter filled my ears, watching everyone go to their immediate best friends made me look around for mine.
    My friends are like pennies but spread out across the house and you're trying to find them but it takes you like the whole day, I feel like they hide just so they can see me struggle.

     Knowing that I'd be finding them at lunch, I decided to walk to the office so I could grab my schedule and then walk to my locker so I could but any books away that I didn't need.
    My throat was a little scratchy but it wasn't something to worry about, I cleared my throat and put away any books that I didn't need before closing my locker and taking my phone out to call Charlie.

     It only took her four rings to answer her phone, I hated when she would take forever to answer the call because what if I was dying and she was going to be the last one to hear my voice?

    "Where are you? I'm standing by Locker 203, by four lockers down from biology."

    I told her so she would come to me and I wouldn't have to look like a total loser standing alone, I watched as Charlie began to grab her bag and walk out of wherever she was.
    We made eye contact and hung up the phone before sprinting to one another happily, I embraced her with a warm hug as she began to laugh a little bit.

    "I think we're in the same homeroom, that's good, right?"

     Charlie nodded her head and wrapped her arm around my shoulder as we began to walk to our homeroom class, the rest of the group would be reunited at lunch.
   It was most likely that we had some classes together anyways, Charlie's always been at the top of the class with amazing grades.

     "I'm totally gonna dominate debate like I've been doing since freshmen year."

    I loved Charlie's confidence, she was right as well, she's been undefeated since freshmen year.
   The girl knows how to argue and defend her case, she'd be a great lawyer when she's an adult.

       When the bell rang, kids began to pour into the classroom with their lovers or friend group, Charlie and I made a gagging motion when the couples kissed one another goodbye.
   It's too early in the morning for you to be making out with your boyfriend or girlfriend, I know y'all see each other during the weekend and during the summer, so what's with all the touchy touchy.

     Maybe I'm just being too single to understand all of it but it's better being single than having someone unwashed, white tongue down my throat making me want to throw up.
   I physically gagged at my thoughts and shuddered at the sight of my making out with someone, I didn't want to catch any type of disease.

     The bell rang for the first period, but I didn't know what I had for first period.

     "Wait, what class do you have for first period?"

    I asked Charlie as I grabbed my schedule out of my book bag and walking out of the class, Charlie grabbed her schedule out of her pocket and unfolded it so she could check.

     "Ms. Geneva, Biology."

     Can the earth swallow me whole? I have Spanish and I've been failing Spanish since I could practically breathe air.
   Mrs. Guerra hates me, I hate her too.

  " Lucky, I got Mrs. Guerra for Spanish. That woman hates my guts. "

    I groaned to my best friend as I walked her to her class, she looked at me and comforted me before stopping at the door for Biology class.
  Not wanting to let her go, I hugged her tightly and closed my eyes, praying we would switch bodies and she would go to Spanish for me.

     "Let go, I'll see you in second period alright? Behave yourself."

   Charlie told me before walking into Biology class, so much for having my back til the end Charlie.

     Just take a deep breath, maybe she'll have a different attitude and she'll give you a second chance?

    Having a small bit of hope, the late bell rang and a mentally face palmed myself, she's gonna give me hell for being late to her class.
   So as I walked to the door, I took a deep breath and prayed to the Lord that she wouldn't give me a hard time on the first day of school, then I opened the door and walked inside with a soft smile.

     "Tú eres tardé, go sit down Harper. Not like I expected much from you anyways."

   (Translation for the first part: You are Late.)

     I rolled my eyes and walked to the back of the class, taking my seat next to the window and glaring at my Spanish teacher.
   She's an old witch that probably eats kids for pronouncing a Spanish word wrong, probably ate her husband too.

   "Bueno chicos, welcome back to Spanish class. Pull out your notebooks, we'll be speaking about our summer but writing it in Spanish. You may use a dictionary or laptop for translation."

    After that being said, I pulled my laptop out that I always carry on me because why would I ever leave it at home?
  I pulled up Google translate and began to work on my summer essay, that's when the gossiping began.

    "Pssst, Harper!"

     Looking to the left of me, I looked at Cordelia who was the school's gossip girl, she knew every single thing that went down, she's the type of girl that if you mess with then your life is destroyed.

    "What's up?"

   I didn't want to get trouble for speaking to anothsr student so my eyes were glued to the laptop as I typed out what I did during the summer, Cordelia went on about all the drama that went down during the summer.
   Just the regular couples breaking up, getting together, cheating and all the boring things that never interested me in the first place.

     "Did you hear? Supposedly Kaylee's going to confront Sophie during lunch for completely dissing her on her Instagram post."

     That's when my ears perked up and I stopped typing, it's the first day of school and there's already drama? Do people not get bored of this?

     "What did the post say?"

    When it comes to my friends, I needed to become nosey so i knew how to help them out of a situation that they most likely would need help in.

    "Sophie posted that she's sensitive not soft and if Kaylee keeps telling everyone that she's a crybaby then she was going to speak to her."

      Sounds like Sophie, shoving her foot down her throat and needing help to get it out before it becomes a hazard, I nodded my head and thanked Cordelia for the inside scoop.
   Now I have to go tell Charlie so that we can be by Sophie's side before things get too crazy.

   Thanks a lot Sophie, so much for a relaxing first day back at Ridgewood High.