XIV. ER Time

Chapter 14, ER Time
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    " I feel like I'm dying, I want to go home! I want you to call my mother so she could take me to the hospital! "

~ Harper's POV ~

     It's second to last period and I started to have the worse migraine, it just felt like I was aching all over my body and I couldn't do anything to stop it, I just wanted to to go home and lay in bed.
   The teacher was giving me a hard time not to mention, he didn't think that my pain was real and that I was just doing this for either attention or to skip his class when it was neither of those things, I swear I hate teacher sometimes.

    My pain was only getting worse by the second and I knew that just sitting at this desk wasn't going to do me any justice, so I got up and walked to over to him and pleaded that he called my mom so that she can come pick me up, I'd do any extra credit that he had but right now I needed to be home.
   He looked as if he could murder me and shook his head, demanding me that I go back to my desk and finish up the assignment that he assigned to the class before letting me go to the nurse.

    I was going to push the pain aside but it felt like my heart and brain were agreeing with each other, they didn't want me waiting any longer because the pain will only get worse and then that's when the issue becomes bigger than it needs to be, so with all due respect, I packed my things up and walked to the door.
     You don't get to keep me here just because you believe that I'm faking when I'm actually not, I don't need to prove anything to you and if I asked you politely to call my mother and ask her to come pick me up, that doesn't mean you discard my pain and tell me to get back to work, sorry but that's not going to happen.

     "Miss Larson, sit back down and finish your assignment. You are not excused from my class nor do you have privilege to leave whenever you want."

   The last straw was taken hours ago, I turned to speak but it felt like my throat was getting to be too much and both pains in my ear and head were just too much.
   I couldn't speak to him without tears threatening to spill from my eyes and knowing how I am, I'd start yelling at him, causing my throat to get worse and not better, but I'm taking my chances.

    " I feel like I'm dying, I want to go home! I want you to call my mother so she could take me to the hospital! "

    I snapped as tears finally left my eye sockets and raced each other down my cheeks to my feet, but I didn't move or blink at all, I watched as the teacher didn't say anything else and just grabbed his phone to call my mother.
   When I tell you the whole class got quiet within the first five seconds of me screaming, I mean it is so silent that you could hear a pin drop if you wanted to, nobody dared to speak to me about calming down or rush the teacher in case I start digging in my bookbag.

   My name was called down to the office after my teacher called my mother, I didn't bother thanking him but just glared as I walked out of the classroom and sped walked to the office so I can tell my mom what happened in the classroom and what has happening to me.
   I shouldn't have waited so long to go to the doctor and that was my fault, when I saw my mom, I couldn't even speak words but instead ran into her arms and sobbed.

    The pain was unbearable at this point, the migraine and ear ache were like hugging each other and that was something that could be deadly, the pain would make you want to just take yourself out of misery or pay someone to do it.
     It didn't matter to me that I looked like a blubbering baby in the office, it didn't occur to me that the office people would trash talk me for the way I spoke to my teacher, all I wanted was to be held and then taken to the hospital.

      My mother rubbed my back, as she kissed my forehead and whispered that everything would be alright with me, I couldn't even crack a smile at her, I just wanted her to sign me out and take me to the emergency room.
   I watched as my mother grabber a pen and signed me out of school, as we walked to silent and empty halls, she stopped my classroom and pulled the teacher outside to give him a piece of her mind, and I'd be lying if I said it wasn't entertaining.

     There wasn't much talking as we walked out of the school and walked to the car, I got into the passengers seat and put my seatbelt on, I didn't want to speak about what happened and I didn't want to make eye contact either.
   I know I'm gonna get it when I tell her that I have been feeling this pain for about two going on three weeks, but I'm sure she'll understand why I didn't want to tell her.

   Right now, it didn't matter if I was going to get it, it mattered that I get to the hospital and get checked out before things get more worse than they already are.