VI. Don't Be a Buzz Kill

Chapter 6, Don't Be a Buzz Kill
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

     " Don't you ever sit down at night and realize that you're worrying about things that won't even matter in the future? You probably wouldn't be here in the future, so just stop worrying. "

~ Harper's POV ~

       The weekend is here, although it's just been two days, I still enjoyed the small break, except that I couldn't enjoy the break because Lori-Anne wanted to go somewhere that was like an hour away from here.
    I walked downstairs and grabbed the car keys, I didn't have a car but my mom usually takes the bus or train to go to her workplace, so I got into the driver's side and drove to Lori-Anne's house so that she can get in and tell me where we need to go.

     Watching my best friend walk out of her house and jog to my car is probably the slowest thing I have ever seen in my whole entire life, she got into the passengers side and gave me a side hug before telling me we were going to an abandoned mall.
   I stopped the car dead and looked at her with a shocked look that she even thought that I would so happy to go to an abandoned mall.

    "Are you kidding me Ava? I'm not driving to an abandoned place with you."

      I stated before Lori-Anne grabbed my hand and sighed, she was about to give me stupid sob story and then try to suck up to me so that we could put our lives at risk, I looked at her and sighed.

   " Don't you ever sit down at night and realize that you're worrying about things that won't even matter in the future? You probably wouldn't be here in the future, so just stop worrying. "

     Lori-Anne gave me her best speech, I'll admit that she got my on board with her plan because she wasn't wrong about this, so I put my seatbelt on and put the car in drive before taking her directions and driving to the mall.
   We were a little excited to go so we decided to play some music to hype ourselves up, although Lori-Anne had a brave face on and was singing along to the song, you could tell she wanted me to turn back but if she didn't tell me then we were going to this mall.

      I parked the car down the street from the mall because I didn't want to have someone steal my car, we got out and walked to the abandoned mall but let me tell you how scared I was, Lori-Anne smiled at me and we walked into the mall.
   Rats ran by which scared me a bit, Lori-Anne was already running off to go check the stores that no longer looked decent.

     "Woah, check out how cool this store looks!"

     Lori-Anne was in awe as I walked to the store she was in, I didn't see what she saw but I wasn't about to ruin her happiness so I just pretended to also be in amazement, I could feel my throat feel a little weird but I didn't pay any mind to it.
  I looked at her and heard a sound, that was enough to send us sprinting out of the mall and bolting down the street to get into the car, I didn't want to die in an abandoned mall because nobody would find me.

    Lori-Anne put her seatbelt on and I did the same before putting the car in drive and speeding down the empty road, we were in a town that nobody lived in but it didn't really send any shivers down my spine, I just kept driving until we entered our town.
   I slowed my speed and drove the rate that I'm supposed to, I didn't want to get pulled over because I'm supposed to drive with an adult in the car and currently, neither of us are adults.

    "Thanks for taking me to the mall, I love having the thrill in my bones as we run. I'll text you later Harp."

    I smiled at Lori-Anne and nodded as she got out the car and walked into her apartment, I didn't drive off until I couldn't see her anymore.
   That's when I drove home, my heart had still been racing from the run but that was something that I was already used to.

     I thought that Lori-Anne was going to tell me that she didn't want to go in and have me drive us back home, but she swallowed her fear and had me drive us an hour to get the socks knocked off of us.
   I surprised myself as well, I thought that I'd be a buzz kill and end up ruining this experience for us but I was actually so excited to do this.

     I parked the car in front of the house where it was originally parked and got out, I locked the car and walked to the door, I took the keys out and unlocked it.
   When I got into my house, I set the house keys down at the table and coughed a little bit before walking upstairs to my room to take a nice nap, I wasn't feeling too high and mighty so maybe a nap could cure this, I hated feeling any type of sick or allergies.

    It just ruins the whole mood and sends my mom into a helicopter mom mode, I wrapped myself with a blanket and closed my eyes in hopes that I would be able to sleep peacefully.
  As i turned to my side, it felt like my ear was in pain all of a sudden, it felt like it was just screaming for some medicine to cure it.

    My ear was irritated, I laid on my back and took a deep breath, I'll tell my mom about my ear when she gets home from work, I don't like it when she's a helicopter mom, but this hurts bad.