IX. Matching Stick N Pokes

Chapter 9, Matching Stick N Pokes
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

     " Sometimes I question why I still hang out with y'all, I need new friends. "

~ Harper's POV ~

     After the night under the stars, I had to rush home to take a shower and get dressed, we didn't have school today but I didn't want to stay in my pajamas that I used to sleep in for outside.
   My mom was already at work by the time I was home, I rest both the house keys and car keys on the kitchen counter before disappearing upstairs and into the bathroom to take a nice warm shower, morning showers hit different when you've been sweating all night.

     Sometimes I looked showering in the middle of the night because that's just so aesthetically pleasing to some people, some people being me and my friends, I didn't want to keep my braids anymore so after my shower I began to take them out.
   I loved my braids, it made me feel prettier, I felt like people looked at me and saw the prettiest young lady alive, or maybe I just have too much confidence and self esteem to think that people think that about me.

   "Six, seven, eight, triple nine, eight, two, one, two."

   I sang along to 'Kiss Me Thru The Phone's by Soulja boy, it's been my favorite song since my mom always played whenever she was cleaning the house.
   Although it just made me feel more single and lonely considering the message behind the song is telling your lover that you'd be home soon and that to send kisses through the phone, why can't I have something like that? Imagine getting the song sent to you by your boyfriend or girlfriend.

    Should I even text the group chat? I really don't want to get sucked into anything dangerous like I always do.

    I began to think to myself as I finally freed my hair from its braided hell, now I have an afro that needed to be tamed before I even think about going out with my friends and making memories.
   Not wanting to take another shower, I grabbed a big container and walked to the bathroom, filling the tub up with water before grabbing my shampoo and conditioner.

    I took my shirt off and stood in my bra because a wet shirt is gonna make it stick to my skin and I really hate feeling my clothes on my body, like you're supposed to cover my body not try to stick to it.
   Once the tub was filled to where it's supposed to be filled, I grabbed the container and began to scoop up the water as I kept my head above the tub, not wanting to have a water war.

    Time flew past me as I washed my hair and made sure I had no knots in it, I decided that I wouldn't be getting braids until later, probably next year because I didn't want to have my hair in braids for too long.
   My hair was now soft and smooth to run your fingers through when I finished washing it, I grabbed my towel and pat my hair dry before wrapping it around my damp hair.

     I took out the drainer and let the water go down the drain and into the sewers, I cleaned the tub since I had curly hair decorating it and I didn't want to get screamed at by my mom.
   When everything looked spotless, I walked back to my room and turned the air conditioner on so that my hair could air dry a bit as I put it in a slick back ponytail.

    My shirt was back on as I put leave in conditioner in my hair and brushed it through, I grabbed my hair tie and brushed my hair into a ponytail before grabbing my hair gel and slicking back any little hairs that were free from the ponytail.
   That's when I decided to text the group chat to find out what was the move for today, I don't like going out everyday but in this small town, it's literally all you could do.