Chapter Eight

Sitting at the table eating dinner, Lizzy looked at me.

"Have you ever thought about joining us in the show?"

I looked at her in surprise.

"Not really, I have nothing special unlike you all. I don't mind sitting there watching you all perform" I said finishing my dinner.

Lizzy looked away lost in thought, I knew she was trying to figure me into their show and no thank you, I was content with being on the sidelines instead.

"Tony could always dress you up as the demon goddess and have you walk around with him," Lizzy said with a smirk.

"Funny Lizzy" I said, rolling my eyes and laughing.

She laughed and went back to eating. I looked up and saw Tony looking at me.

"What?" I asked.

"What about what Lizzy just said, having you as my demon goddess? Walking around with me, being on my arm, would you?" he asked in all seriousness.

The tent grew quiet, all waiting for my answer. No pressure there.

"Of course, I would, but I wouldn't want to embarrass you" I said looking into his eyes.

Something passed behind his eyes, but I didn't know what it was, and it passed too suddenly for me to be alarmed.

He smiled and went back to eating. I wondered what that was about, but that thought was short lived as Ted ran in.

"Lilly, I need you with the animals, one of the lions is sick" Ted said, catching his breath.

I stood up and looked at Jim and Loni, they both nodded to let me do what I needed to do.

I ran out with Ted, right to the animal tent. There was Queen, she was laying on her side, breathing erratically.

Without thinking, I went into their enclosure and went right to Queen.

I put my hand on her neck, gently talking to her as I examined her as best as I could at the moment. I turned and told him what I needed right away.

A moment later Ted started to walk in, and the rest of the lions growled at him. He stopped and backed away, setting down the case I had asked for.

I crawled over to it and went back to Queen. I did what I needed to do; I had seen this before when an animal was poisoned at the zoo.

I took a sample of her blood and gave her the medicine she needed. Then I sat next to her, reassuring her that she would be fine soon.

The rest of the lions paced, watching what was going on. I turned and talked quietly to them as well. Then something amazing happened.

The six other lionesses walked over and laid down next to me and Queen. I gently petted them, talking to them and to Queen.

After thirty minutes she was breathing normally and she sat up, looking at me. Out of nowhere she licked my face and the rest of the lionesses got up and they walked away.

I stood up and went to where their feed was. I took it all out and dumped the water. I went through their straw to see if there was anything in it as well.

I didn't find anything, but I had the blood sample from before I gave her the medicine she needed, and I could have it tested. Tony and Lizzy helped me clean the dishes and the water trough so there were no contaminants.

Loni and Jim watched the whole time. Loni was in tears; I could tell he loved every single animal here. Once everything was set and done, Loni came rushing over to me, wrapping his arms around me, and pulling me into a big hug.

"You are definitely an angel" he whispered as he thanked me for saving her.

I looked at Jim.

"She was poisoned, I have seen this before, I took a sample of her blood so I can see what was given to her '' I said, and Jim nodded for me to take the sample to be tested.

I called an old friend and sent the sample to her right away, she let me know she would call me in a day to let me know what she finds out.

Walking back into the tent, I was going to make a makeshift bed to stay with the lions for the night, but Loni said he was going to do that and that if anything changes he would come get me.

"She will be okay as long as it is what I think it is, but I will know for sure tomorrow when I get the results" I said to Loni.

I walked out with Tony and Lizzy. It was an hour before their show.

"Will you sit and watch us again tonight?" Lizzy asked.

"Of course, I wouldn't miss it for the world," I said with a smile.

Tony walked me to my wagon; he looked inside making sure everything was good. He followed me in, and he turned me around.

"Lilly, I know this is soon, but I want to ask if you would go on a date with me?"

I smiled up at him.

"I would love to go on a date with you" I said looking up into his beautiful eyes.

He smiled and I could tell he wanted to kiss me, so I did something I had never done before, I kissed him first. But that was all he needed.

He wrapped his arms around me, pulling me into his body, cocooning me in his arms. Our kiss deepened, creating a spark that ignited in both of us. He leaned his forehead against mine.

"You are my angel Lilly"

"And you are my demon Tony" I said and kissed him again. I didn't know what truer words I had spoken than just now, but lightning crackled in the sky followed by a deep rumble of thunder that rattled the wagon.

"Even the gods approve of us," I said with a wink. He smiled and kissed the tip of my nose.

"I do approve" he whispered as he kissed me before he walked out to get ready for the show.

I laid on my bed for a moment, still feeling his lips on mine. My body burned for him, for his touch.

I sat up and walked to the tent where their show was about to start. I saw my spot and sat down. Watching the show still amazed me.

Tony walked in like last night, but something was different, there was something in the air tonight.

"Ladies and gentlemen, tonight as usual I will be taking your souls, but I want to introduce you to the newest member of my family. She is an angel sent to me, when I thought I would never find her. She is my angel as I am her demon. But even as an angel, some are meant to be fallen angels that still hold the grace they were given. Everyone I want to introduce to you, my demon goddess Lilly" he said as he walked over and put his hand out for me.

I put my hand in his and walked out into the ring with him. The audience applauded and cheered.

There in front of everyone Tony started to chant, I had no idea what he was saying. I started to feel a pull towards him, as I stood there looking up at him.

"Lilly, will you be my fallen angel, and be mine for all eternity?"

"Yes," I said breathlessly. I wanted to be his and after I said yes lightning shot through the sky. He wrapped his arms around me and kissed me with so much passion that I had to hang onto him for dear life.

We walked along the ring as he chanted his spell towards the crowd. At the end, after everyone had left, he turned to look at me.

No words were spoken, I smiled up at him and took his hand. I loved his showmanship and his makeup that he wore.

We left the tent, and he walked me back to my wagon. He kissed me goodnight and shut my door as I got ready for bed. Once in bed, all I could think about was Tony's body against mine. I fell asleep that night whispering Tony's name.