51 | The Final Arch

Suddenly, you can't feel your legs.

Everything is spinning around you, like the world is literally rotating around you at the center. Soon numbness spread across your legs and you failed to support yourself. Your mouth is opened wide, trying to fill your lungs but you can't sense anything but a tight air.

A used needle feel near your arms, mostly spent.

Using that serum is slowly killing you, and you're aware of it. You need the power, no matter how it comes with nothing but trauma and nightmare to your soul, you need everything you can afford to survive.

It's always like this. Despites years have passed since you inject the cursed chemical to your vein, you never can't seem to tolerate the seizures.

First your breathing is getting more difficult until you stopped breathing at some point before able to continue again in a second. Your lungs felt like burning, your brain is being ripped apart, and your mouth goes dry.

"Y/N!"

A light voice echoes in the hall. Your mind goes in alert, trying to stand and run so they won't find you in this state. Yet your body betrayed your mind, staying frozen in pain, failed moving even an inch.

Emma, the one who is looking for you, then gasped as she sees you on the floor. "Y/N!"

"Oh gosh, what happened? Are you sick? Where?" Emma approaches you, kneeling and holding you in her arms.

She sees the needle on the floor but focused on you instead. You can't forget how horrified she looks when she saw your face frowning in agony. Now that you think about it, it was her first time seeing you in your episodes.

"Is it the seizure? Lambda's seizure? Let's patch the painkiller, alright?" Oblivious, Emma tries to wrap your hands around her shoulders and pull you up.

Then you shakes your head. "That ... can't ... work." Words are failed at your mouth.

"What ... then what should I get? Arghh I hope I read that ridiculously thick medical book in the bunker!"

Seeing how it's hard for you to give a proper reply, Emma halts her question and decides. "Let's take you to the others first."

Your eyes opened wide at the realization. Ray will be there, you can't make him worry and also--

Well shit, Norman will be furious if he found out you lied to him all this time.

Then you fall, releasing all the energy you stored and lay on the floor. Emma is even more horrified, thinking you just passed out.

But you raise your hand, saying, "I just need ... a minute ... please."

Emma's mouth is opening, like she was trying to ask more but she bite her tongue. She nods, kneeling besides you like before and holding your hand tightly. She slowly wipes the sweats formed at your forehead and unbuttons the top of your shirt to ease your breath.

A few minutes later, your awareness is slowly back and the burning is getting easier. It's more like a drowsy after almost 15 minutes and Emma is still patient as ever, staying besides you with her hands is stroking your head in silence.

"Feel better?" finally she asked.

You replied, "Yeah. Much better."

She keeps being silent until you asked her, "Are you not going to ask?"

"Are you sure you able to answer it now? You can rest more, you know."

"No, now I'm much better than you think, actually."