10 | The Chasm

A very long chapter, currently the longest chapter in this entire work. I hope you won't get bored 🙏

▪️▫️▪️▫️▪️

"What should we do now?" asked Don. He has his head on his hand for support. "Norman and Y/N is shipped out. Our ropes was taken away. Emma's leg is broken and she can't move."

Ray stops Don's matter-of-fact speech. "Emma's leg will be healed quickly, we also can make more rope! The escape will be happen, so we will make it happen!"

He gritted his teeth, "But first Y/N and Norman."

"But why? Why Norman and Y/N are getting shipped? There never been two children being shipped together."

"Momma was talking about the shipment. When she said the situation changed she was talking about them."

"And I can't believe, even sister is..."

"She was her usual energetic self this morning, too. But now she is no longer alive in this world."

The three of them fall into a silence until Ray can't hold his annoyance anymore. He is ended up kicking a nearby empty bucket, it was pushed meters away.

He hissed, "I can't let her get what she wants. Never."

〰️

"Emma."

As Norman is calling her softly, Emma is stirred awake in one of the infirmary bed.

She sees you, then Norman in a turn then reaches out her hand towards the two of you. Norman grabs her hand while you wipe her bangs that covering her sweaty fore head.

Tears are pooling in her eyes.

"Don't worry. All she took was the rope," said Norman. He sounds and looks far more collected than before, the same for you.

"What are you saying?"

"The plan isn't over yet. Your leg will heal."

"That's not it. We have to do something about your and Y/N's shipment!"

Norman ignores her words and instead saying, "The escape will succeed."

"You two have to be with us, or else!"

There's a pause before Norman drops Emma's hand carefully back to her side. "Hold on. I'll get you some water," said Norman.

"Norman!" Emma tried to stop him but he is already on his way out of the infirmary.

Emma averts her attention to you. "Y/N you too—"

You hold her shoulders lightly to prevent her from sitting and said, "You need to lie down, Emma."

You wipe her bangs that fall down once again. "You're sweating so much."

"There's no time to relax, we need to plan something right now! Where is Ray? Don and Gilda? Gather everyone so we can start planning!" she ended her speech with a pant.

You only blinked once. "It would be hurt if you move too much. You really need to lie down."

"Y/N, please, hear me out!"

"I'm listening to you Emma but your injury comes first. When you healed, you can proceed the escape."

"We can proceed it together. Your lives and Norman's come first, Y/N. I can't—I can't loose both of you."

You smiled. "Norman's taking a while. I will see if he needs any help."

"Wait!" same with Norman, you ignore Emma's attempt to stop you and continue to walk towards to door.