29 | The Foul

The first thing you felt in the next morning is how your throat has becoming the Sahara. You blink your eyes and slowly adjust your eyes to the light that fills the room while you try to speak the awful hoarse voice out. As you are remembering what happened yesterday to make your throat to be this bad, your lips forms a simple smile because you were laughing and yelling too much. Yesterday was obviously fun, without any doubt, unbeatable.

Then you realize, you are lying not on your bed, not on your room, and most beds beside yours have been already empty.

"Oh shit." You muttered under your breath and jump to sit over the bed by the next second. "I overslept!"

Your shout results to wake Emma who was also sleeping on her bed beside yours. After registering her surroundings and what you've said, she also shouts, "I overslept!"

Both of you quickly jump out of the bed and run towards the dining room Norman had shown yesterday. No sooner than you opened the door, you and Emma said in unison, "We're sorry we overslept!"

Both of your arrival is far from anything grand and is actually embarrassing but the other children are laughing at it. You see most of them are already seating and there's some person who are in charge of preparing the breakfast. There are two left seats beside Norman and Ray, which you and Emma assume are for the both of you, you and Emma then walk over the seat.

You pull the chair next to Norman like usual, and Emma fills the one next to Ray.

"I'm sorry, I should've helped in the kitchen," you said.

Norman shakes his head in amusement. "Don't worry, we've got enough hands to help. Besides, it has been long since you sleep that well, I should say. Was it a good dream?"

"No, I didn't dream anything actually, but it was a good sleep indeed."

Norman, who soon noticed your voice is pretty hoarse, decides to pour you a tea from the pot right in front of him. "Here, I also save you some bread. The jam is nowhere to be seen, unfortunately, want me to ask some from the kitchen?"

"Oh, no problem. I can eat it without jam, thank you!" You bring the cup to your mouth and give it a little blow before sipping it bit by bit. You sigh as the warmth tea down from your mouth to relax your throat.

On the other side of the table, Emma is complaining to the boy who reserved the chair for her. "Why don't you wake me up!"

Ray casually takes a bite of sunny-side-up from his plate. "You didn't ask me to," said Ray while his mouth is still munching.

The girl pouts. "Still, you could've at least woken me up when you did."

"I thought you would wake on your own ... And I'm too lazy to wake you again. You see, the walk from the bed room to dining room is pretty far."

"Geez."

"Chill. Everyone woke up late too, except Oliver."

"Oliver? Wow!"

Both you and Emma turn your head to the mentioned name. You commented, "You're a morning person, aren't you?"

The white-haired boy with a red unusual red strands only can chuckle. "For once we didn't have to worry about anything in the morning, it felt nice to wake up early."

"It would've been okay if you wake me up too," said Emma.

Oliver replied, "But everyone looked so comfortable, I didn't want to disturb."

To be relieved just because they can wake up comfortably in the morning, how harsh their lives was. You can relate to the feeling, you also felt the same on the first morning after you back from your last mission.