34 | The Quarrel

Norman, Ray, Emma, and you.

The four of you've been known as a quartet prodigy of Grace Field. You've been together since you were in diapers for god's sake, you know the darkest, most embarrassing past of each other, literally started and had grown from the same start together. Between the other children of the house, you have the deepest bond with the three of them and the same case applied to them too.

You may say you love your every siblings equally. Yet you also realize the three of them have their own places on your heart and mind, especially one of the boys. Growing up without Emma and Ray during your teen-hood is your one of your biggest regret given by the circumstances and it won't ever change.

"Emma!" Ray runs to her side in the blink of an eye.

It's fine, you've given up to the sorrow feeling because you can't change the fact that fate has separated the four of you into two. You also just started to deal with the current wall in the middle, trying to adapt and not to not push yourself into more desperations. You think you have done well up until now, you always tried the best you can so your relationship won't be turned sour.

Just what the hell you've done wrong so you deserve to be trapped in this grueling situation?

Your hands freeze in the air as you realized you've been throwing more power than what you intended to. That wasn't as strong as when you were fighting the demons but the force is still there and that have caused Emma to be pushed too hard.

You pushed her until she falls hard on her arm over the floor. The fallen sound is quite violent and you heard a creaking bones following after that.

"E—Emma?" You stuttered, seeing Emma is grimacing while she carefully hold her elbow. Ray gently examines the area around the conjoined bones.

You just hurt Emma.

Your mind is no longer clouded yet you're panicking right now. It's not your intention to hurt anyone, never, especially Emma.

It was an accident.

Emma was obtruding her way too much into you, provoking and shaking up your stance for the plan when it was already around the corner. She pushed you up to your limit on the contrary you wished her to stop talking. Without realizing it, you then snapped, pushing her accidentally in the process when she was just trying to calm your nerve.

The both of the Grace Field escapees are looking up to meet your eyes, covered in disappointment and you make out a glint of rage.

You gulped the heavy plump in your throat. "I didn't mean to ... I—I'm sorry."

〰️

The day was started well just an hour prior. You, Norman, and Zazie were able to back to the shelter faster than your prediction and as usual the children were excitedly greeting your arrival. That was including your comrades, they were coming to you and Norman with wide hand spreading from side to side.

You and Norman were about to back to your respective rooms when suddenly Ray and Emma ran towards your direction in such a hurry. Sure, it is nice to have them greeting you too but the looks on their face that time were like there was something important they wanted to convey.

Just as your feeling had told you, later in that afternoon after you and Norman had cleaned up, they came to ask for the more detailed plan in Norman's office.

Norman sent you a look at first, asking why you hadn't told them when Norman already approved it days ago. You simply answered that you hadn't had the time yet.

So instead he told them how the plan would work by himself. Norman eventually revealed that he planned to create a civil war between the royal-aristocracy and the abandoned Lord Geelan, then about where did the both of you were going during the past few days, and that Lord Geelan will determine the fate of the Ratri clan at the end.