8 | The Deal

That night you went to Sister Krone's room again, and you planned this to be the last. You never planned you deal with Sister Krone to be a long-term partnership like Ray and Momma's because she doesn't has much that you can take.

She planned to back-stabbed you, anyway, she's more open to her ulterior-motive than you thought. There was some hints here and there and you conclude that you should cut her off first before she eliminate you.

"Finally carrying out the deal, aren't we?" she said.

"It depends on what you have, Sister," you answered.

"I'll tell you all I knew first then your turn to give my payback. How was that sound?"

"Lovely. But Sister, can I ask you something more? It's something easier."

"Then what is it?"

"Tell me about you and this care-taker setup."

She smirked. "Fine, since those two are slightly related."

You focus listening her carefully without missing any smallest detail.

"As I told you before, cattle-girls who had top scores and about to shipped out at the age of 12 and has a recommendation letter to be able to become a care-taker. We were sent to a training dormitory where we were thought physical strength, more study, and how to raise high quality products. It was similar to this farm where we were eliminated if our scores are low.

"However, becoming a Sister or Momma is much more harder than to get a recommendation letter in the farm. In a class with approximately 20 girls, only one selected to be Sister."

"And the rest are ..." you trail your words.

Sister Krone nods. "They died."

〰️

She continues, "When I arrived there, they implanted a tracking device in my chest like what I showed you the other day. It was more handy than the one in your body and causing much more pain. I found a pen dropped by someone called Smee. He was William Minerva's supporter."

"So he has an ally."

"Allies. There are numbers of them, I don't know exactly how many but they are disguised as scientist in that lab. I believe many more of them are spread out there. Me myself was not that aloof with Smee. Back in my cattle days, I found a way to make contact with outside by flying Chinese's lampion that tied with a letter. Those had been sent to my siblings but of course none of them replied.

"So I changed the letter. I asked anyone who found it how was the outside world looked like. Smee found it and replied. That was how I knew the plantation's secret."

"Is there any human out there beside Smee?"

"I don't know."

You look at her suspiciously, yet she doesn't seems to be lying. "I never seen the actual world since I being shipped," said Sister Krone.

"Not even a glance?"

"I would be glad to be able peeking even just a glance, but sadly no, I didn't get the opportunity."

Those information about Sister are enough, now you should get to the main reason.

"Do you know where William Minerva is?" you asked.

"No. But I heard they would built a new plantation where the scientist would be involved. As long as I remember none of the Smee in disguise as scientist was got caught so some of them must be in that plantation right now."