5 | The Traitor

Your team finally decided to spread the secret and adding new member. You four just had tell Don and Gilda about the secret and also secretly test if one of them is Momma's spy.

Honestly, your instinct said that it's neither of them.

Not only that, you also test the water by telling Gilda and Don. Gilda's reaction is alright, but Don is harder di convince.

"It would be hard to tell the others," Emma whispered to you.

"Yeah. I bet their reaction would be similar to Gon's." You must have to tell the children about this matter. It would be hard to handle their resentment.

"Hey, Norman, what's up with the lie? Connie is alive? We need to save he as soon as possible?" Ray burst out after sending Gon and Gilda out.

You can feel the air is getting thick. Norman was also choose an immoral decision by lying.

"Calm down Ray, Norman must've his reason. Even though I'm not completely agree with him," said Emma.

"By giving a false hope? Saying someone is alive when she isn't?"

"They have a lot to take already. We can't risk the plan being affected by their acts, it's ought to happen to make them cooperate," said Norman.

"So it's a white lie." You are not agreeing with him, or agreeing it. That's how a white lie works.

You also could tell Ray is thinking the same thing despites his protest. This topic won't get anywhere if it's continued.

〰️

You have done your chores, help the children for bath, tug the babies to sleep, and help cleaning the mess Thoma and Lanni created. Those were a though works. You are now psychically and emotionally exhausted. To be specific, there isn't one day when you're not feeling emotionally exhausted.

You are trained to faking a smile now and everyone buy it off. You don't find it pleasant to lie to your family. In spite of being proud of it, you're also disgusted at the same time. Well, it's not like you have other choices, anyway.

When you are about going upstairs you meet Ray at the stairs.

You greeted him. "Ray, hi! Where are you going?"

"Looking out for you. What took you so long, everyone is tucked in their bed right now."

"It's that long? I cleaned the mess Thoma and Lanni had created downstairs. They are playing with flour and water on the carpet."

"That was quite a problem."

"It was a BIG problem."

Ray seems to sympathize with you.

"I'm a bit tired right now, how about continue this tomorrow?" you said.

But Ray has another idea in his head. He take your hand and pull you to the main door. It's past curfew and you tried to stop him.

"Ray, where are we going in these hour?"

"Somewhere for your rest."

"I can sleep in my bed. It's already past curfew."

"Hah! As if we never done that multiple times."

Well... he got a point.

He opens the door slowly so it won't creak. "And besides, you need more than just a good sleep for your drowsiness," said Ray.

You hold onto him tighter and he lead you towards the east side the house. You enter the forest, this was the farthest you've walked but Ray is still going.