37 | The Real Intention

The question is finally being spoken.

As much as Norman has expected this, the only answer he provides is only, "I guess I've been ignorant about her all this time. I'm sorry that can't be helped, I am busier than I expected."

Whilst Norman has hinted some seriousness over the issue, now his complexion is turning into that ambiguous mask once again. Not sure if this is Norman's intention or not, because that face of his is only making Ray wants to punch him even more. Ray is dead serious right now, he doesn't have the time to play around. Norman isn't that dense to not recognize when you're behaving weirdly. All this time he has been with you and Norman didn't suspect it even once? Nonsense.

Alright, if Norman doesn't care to elaborate any further then Ray will change his approach until he got what he wanted from Norman's mouth.

So Ray asked, "Okay then, is she your subordinate here?"

Now Ray successfully pulls a reaction out of Norman. The boy behind the desk answered, "She isn't my subordinate."

Norman doesn't like when someone say you're his subordinate. He isn't higher than you even though he is the leader.

You came from the same background as him, accompanying him since he was in Lambda. You being his ace card doesn't mean he is seeing you on a lower tier than him. That's why he forbid you to also call him 'Boss' when no one is listening.

Also, he has determined to do the scheming tricks like what Smee did to you.

"Is that so? Y/N was so obedient to your words, I almost think you ordered her to not follow us that day."

"I wasn't." Norman gives a stern reply. "She knows what's better and she chose it herself."

"And you said that was what she wanted?"

"Yes and even if it isn't, it's still the best option."

Ray is silent for a moment, but then Norman is frowning when he sees Ray's hands over his desk is clenching hard that his knuckles is turning white.

He is straightforward facing Norman along with low sneering.

"I see ... So that what you've done to her all this time ...."

Norman is becoming more wary as Ray said those words followed by a series of empty laugh. His bangs is falling down, covering his expression from Norman's view.

Just with his reaction Norman sure Ray is catching on something dubious, one that's important enough.

But what?

Ray continue to mumble, "You are letting her in this state even though you know she is sick. Those praises you said, how she is using her strength for violence things ... when she couldn't even bear to let a bird die."

In a flash Ray is already grabbing Norman's collar, lifting him from his chair and bring him closer. Norman then is able to see Ray's expression. Those widen eyes, gritted teeth and a scowl.

Ray screamed before him. "You're the one who pushed her to do that! You're using her, bastard!"

His feet is still on the floor but Ray is pulling Norman's collar hard, slightly chocking him. Norman's eyes are widen for a bit as his complexion turns panic for a second, shocked to see Ray being truculent in mere seconds.

If Norman is being honest, Ray is already has knowledge about mental issues itself is already quite remarkable. To think he has studied the subject about mental issue and able to detect it, Norman thought Ray wouldn't have the time to spare.