42 | The Start of Chaos

You were changed.

It's not very visible at first and honestly no one would ever catch any glimpse of it since your cover is flawless to the hilt. Your stoic expression, your unbothered demeanor, all aren't any different from anything usual.

How you splendidly deceived Norman to think you are on his side out of pity. You made him overestimating his influence over your decision in the kind of game the four of you've played, to think there were sides to pick while your option was solely centered around one person.

Even so, maybe Ray wasn't the main reason you changed your mind. He was like a trigger, something to nudge the consciousness inside of you that silently screamed when Norman covered your ears.

When, where, or how Ray was able to reach you out, Norman doesn't really know. He can't possibly has the time to keep an eye on his best friends and certainly lacks the capable person who can watch over you, Emma, and Ray constantly.

He was a fool to only notice your changes when he is already cornered by the three of you in another confrontation.

But he can forget your perfect covering because Emma already took all his attention to hear her out. She shows those overwhelming affections again to him, attempting to make Norman understand her resolution and why he has to allow her to do it.

"If I can fix the promise, if I manage to come back, then you can rethink the idea of extermination! Please!"

And it completely makes Norman lost his senses. His mouth opened a gap and he asked again to make sure he doesn't misheard it, "What? Aaa... Wait a minute, where's this coming from?"

Ray's added explanation also not a very much help. "Regarding the risks, right now we're aware of two things. One we know how to get in but not the way out and it seems those the most who went there have never returned."

"But if I don't go there will be a massacre, right? I'm against that!" said Emma, somehow calmer than her previous talks and also multiple times sounds more concerning in Norman's ears.

With her burning spirit, she clenches her hands into fist. "It's alright, don't worry! I've already wanted to go anyway."

Norman protested, "That's not even remotely okay!"

Despite Norman doesn't intent even the slightest bit to support Emma's risky idea, without Ray's reasoning or your declining interruption, Norman soon finds himself convinced by Emma's talks. She is hitting all the frail hidden spot in him that no one ever graze like he is as simple as an open puzzle to her.

For her it's always as easy as to pull him into a hug. "You can talk about it, Norman. I don't want you to take it all on your shoulder and go away ... again."

Emma was always like that and in spite of Norman thinks her deep understanding towards him is like a water in a dreadful desert, he isn't able to willingly reach her out.

At least, his mind said it's not the time yet.

So instead of returning the hug she offers, Norman chooses to pull himself back along with his rigid determination.

He puts one hand sternly over Emma's shoulder for an emphasis as he told her, "If you want to stop the extermination ... and for the resolve you go there, then make sure to be back before I bring the royals and those regents to the death."

Because he won't change this plan he has worked nor to wait for Emma until she is back. His words hold no promise. When Emma is already back, then they will talk regarding this over once again.

All these time, you remain silent in your seat across of Ray. It's just a simple act but that already speak that you have no rejection on this matter, that's when Norman realized you've took a part in this along Ray and Emma.