28 | The Leisure

If you're confused about a system or machine that being said in this chapter, there's a simple design on the author note bellow, make sure you don't skip it.

(E/C) stands for Your Eyes Color

Happy reading

▪️▫️▪️▫️▪️

You don't really remember what did you do before, but now, and what's coming on your way are only laughing, laughing, and more laughing.

After Norman showed them a big mansion-like house beside your building, everyone were running to whatever caught their interest first. They were jumping over the bed like a toad, exploring the large bathroom—with a large bath tub too, or simply running over the hall to see how long it is.

What supposed to be a short rest then turning into a free-time and almost every children are spending it for having fun. You, still eager on being a tour guide, lead nine children who want to know more about the shelter around the shelter.

"You've seen Norman's office before and now, this is my office!" You raise your hands high in the air when you are arrived at one of the biggest three that is secluded far from the buildings.

There's a way inside the huge trunk with a spacious box that's opened on the top made of thick wood and a rope attached on the center. On the higher ground right next to the wood, there is also an extensive stone that looks like a ball. There is another rope warping it to a land above it.

In contrast compared to your excited mood, the other are confused because nothing there is looking like a room, or possible tree house or something.

Emma asked first, "Hmmm ... I think I don't really get it. Do I fail to notice something here?"

"I also don't see any room nearby. Is it hidden?" asked Violet, the girl with a violet pixy-cut hair.

"Oh, the office is up there." You direct your point finger up then you point the box. "We will go up with this box."

Oliver, the older one of them, asked this time, "Do we pull the rope to lift the box higher? Like a tackle?"

You thought for a moment. "Well, no ... but yes, it is functioning as a tackle. It's harder to explain it by words, why don't we have you all inside first?"

You guide them to enter the box and take a grip on the corner to keep them steady. The nine of them is a tight fit to the box but you've measured their weight beforehand so it wouldn't be a problem.

"Wait here! And leave that one spot empty, okay?" You tell them and then run to a short ladder that brings you to the perfectly round stone.

The nine of them are silently looking at you from below, they are still confused of how this thing works. Then suddenly you are kicking the stone with your right foot. Before the other nine children are able to ask what are you doing or doesn't your foot hurt, the stone is rolling on a trail that've been built and at the same time it pulls the rope that is attached to the center of the box.

When the box is at a certain height from your location, you jump to inside the box right at the empty spot left.

The nine of them are looking you, clearly are surprised.

"Do you always do that stunt just to enter your office?" asked Niggel.

"Yes. There was a stair before but the wood had been rotting as the time goes so we changed it with these simple machine."

"Then how do we come down?"

"There is a slide you can take from inside, it landed right at the right side beside the stone."