19 | The Priority

⚠️warning : minor character death⚠️

There's an extra part at the bottom this chapter, make sure you find it after the author's note.

▪️▫️▪️▫️▪️

If there's a place which cattle children often heard but neither of them ever been to there, it's The Medical Center. The researchers talks about the place day and night, it's a place where they will often come across each other while chatting—more like complaining—a little bit too much about their works.

If there's a room in Lambda that Norman wished would survive the burn, it would be the place.

The place holds the most information not only about the Lambda's seizure reliefer but also information about all drugs they have ever developed. Those are including Ratri's secret observation with the demons clan. Norman noticed the forbidden topic when Diego and Peter Ratri discussed the experiments' reports. A hidden report is slipped between the files and "Demon" is the main topic of its description.

Whether it is just a mere observation or they in fact were also conducting experiments on the colosal beings, it's unquestionably valuable.

He soon sets a foot inside while keeps Jin nearby. The main computer is right at the center view after he pass the door that belongs to the Head of Medicine Development Team, Ellen Lee. When he thought he has to figure out the security password or hacks into the database, he finds a tablet rest at the empty desk right over the keyboard.

A stickt note at the monitor said, "This all are yours."

Norman turns on the tablet and does a quick scan of the contents. To his favor,those are exactly what he is looking for. Thousands files are packed neatly in hundreds of folders, each with a clear label and short notes.

"Miss Ellen, are you also Minerva's supporters?" mumbled Norman.

Without wasting any more time, he looks over the place to make sure he didn't miss anything and tells Jin to follow him to the exit.

〰️

A smell of a burnt and dirt is dominating the air when you open a manhole above your head. With one hand is gripping a ladder, you lift the child in your conveyance first before pushing yourself up to the surface. The other children are already waiting around you and Zazie is the first one to approach you.

"Are you alright?" you asked him.

"Huwa!" You take that as a "Yes" because of his eager smile.

Cislo and Barbara are coming to you next. The confuse in their face is very noticeable.

"We are gathering everyone we could find but um ... how could this happen? Who are you?" asked Cislo. He take a quick peek at numbers on your neck.

"I'm sorry, there's a lot explaining and we don't have the time right now. To make it short we are going to escape Lambda to a shelter made by William Minerva." You paused before come with what you thought the most perspicuous answer. "I will be your protector."

This place is the safe spot Smee had told Vincent. It was connected from a manhole to the sewer beneath undergroubd tunnel between Main Building and Common Barrack 01. It's a new passage and was built in secret after the first bandit attack. No one knew about the secret passage except Smee and his group.

You are currently at the east side of the forest at a plateau outside Lambda. Smee had made sure the spot is beyond surveillance cameras' range. It's far enough but you still can see the building from a far with light that comes from the flame, lightning the used to be silent night.