23 | The Paradise

As the crowd chant louder and louder, you are covering your hood and hope no one can distinguish your face. The urge to run away from the room then lie down in your comfy bed after a shower is raising into its peak.

You don't like standing in a spotlight. Hearing the children calling Minerva's name cheerfully sure feels nice, they cheers and happiness are like paid off of your team's hard work on the field. It's okay if it's not your name who they shouted because despite only Norman's alias can be heard until up here, everyone respects and appreciates each one of you and those are enough credits for the rest of you. That's enough to make you usually don't want to participate in this 'stage' and choose to stand in the sideline.

Because when you see their eyes, not only there's an appreciation in their colorful orbs but also expectations. They see your team as their hero and hope to depend for their safety into your hands. You have pledged yourself to protect them, you won't back away from your words. But you, being a doubtful girl you are, feel afraid when you look how large number of children you should protect.

What if you failed to protect them all? What will happen if you lose?

With a heavy duty in your hand, you doesn't have a room to afford having these thoughts screwing up your head. The only solution is you avoid seeing the children all at once. You still don't want it as well for today but you finally come to the light thanks to everyone dragging you with them. This happened a few times too before and you were always success to slip out when no one notice.

So you take slowly take a step back when everyone is looking down.

Then your right hand is grabbed by Barbara. She shakes her head in disapproval. "Nah-ah! Where do you think you're going?"

Your left shoulder is grabbed by Zazie and Cislo commented, "Trying to slip away again huh, Knight?"

"Uawawa?"

Barbara nods his head at him. "I also don't understand why you always disappear when we are facing the kids?"

"And I am sure you're not that coy to cover your face until you can't even see the paths," said Cislo.

You defend yourself. "You're exaggerating, of course I can see the paths."

"Knight."

You see Norman turns his back to the crowd and calls you. His eyes point an empty space beside him at the balcony.

Your purse your lips and shake your head from side to side.

He narrows his eyes, demand you to do as he said.

You firmly answer, "No."

No longer than you declined than your back is being pushed by both Barbara and Cislo. You're stumbled to the front just right at the time for Norman to catch you. He then drags you even further to his balcony.

You gasp as you are now fully shown to the children and they also clearly see you.

"It's Knight!"

"She finally shows up!"

"Knight!"

"Knight!"

"Knight!"

You smile awkwardly and tried to walk back bit by bit.

"Y/N, come on." Norman stops you again. You can shove him away if you want, he isn't as sturdy Barbara, Cislo or Zazie even if he is taller than you. Then again, you don't want to make him mad, so instead you groan, "You know I don't like attention."

"You were, when you're still in Grace Field."

"Now I don't. It was over a year ago, Norman."

"Just for a while, listen." He brings you even further to the edge and place your hand to grip the railing.