Intro

This set a day before the original manga and anime. See at the bottom for more author notes.
Thank you and happy reading <3

This also inspired by an amazing TPN fanfiction "Happiness" by itz_beauty
Make sure you check it out guys. She is so young yet very talented and really sweet💕

To itz_beauty: Once again, thank you for being my inspiration and your consent.

▫️▪️▫️▪️▫️

An emerald-eyed girl about six years old with an orange hair that resembles dusk carefully approach a gate with height approximately four meters. Her tiny arms hold onto the iron-steel with eyes that are sparking curiosity.

"What is this?" the girl said.

The ravenette boy answers, "It's a gate. It separates the orphanage and the outside world."

The other boy with white blonde hair quotes what their Momma said, " 'You can't go near the gate no matter what. It's dangerous.' "

"A gate supposed to protect us from something, especially a gate this tall," said the six years old you.

"But what is it supposed to protect us from?" said the white-haired boy again.

The ravenette boy barely huffs and turns around from the gate. "It's obviously a lie."

You said, "But we will go out there eventually, right?"

The orange haired girl asked cheerfully, "Ray! What will you do after going outside?"

"I haven't thought about that. And you?"

"I want to ride a giraffe!"

Ray closed his eyes in disbelief. He is so done with her, "Good luck."

"What about you, Y/N?" asked Norman, the white-haired boy.

"I don't know yet. The gate makes it scary to imagine how the outside world will be."

You feel the urge to approach the gate closer. What you see is a dark hall that seems like a never ending tunnel. Even so, your hands are itchy to touch the bars. It feels so cold just like its impression.

The four of you are seeing into the darkness together and you wonder, is it normal for an ordinary orphanage to have gate this tall and majestic? It gives the idea of protecting the manor of an aristocrat rather than orphan children.

Whatever those beyond this gate, you four are extremely curious to explore the actual world.

〰️

It have been more than five years since the four prodigy of Grace Field orphanage sneaked out to wonder in front of the gate. There are no major changes since then, except that many of your non-blood related siblings were adopted.

It's a lucid and golden morning at the Grace Field and the bell is ringing loudly.

Our beloved ray of sunshine with antenna in her head slowly opens her eyes, being the first to wake up in her room. After a short stretch, she sit down and scream to wake her siblings up, "Good morning everyone! Hurry wake up or you will be late for breakfast!"

She glances at you who sleep right beside her bed but doesn't move even an inch. Suddenly, the blanket enveloped you a second ago is now unveiled. The cold of the morning air streaks your eyes to open.