Chapter 41: Endgame

Ace's POV

"Sir we have reached." our pilot says through the speaker.

Ava is still asleep on my shoulder.

We had to take a plane to Puerto Rico and it took over 4 hours so Ava ended up falling asleep. She looked so peaceful, I didn't want to wake her but I can't do that. Our children are waiting and they must be so scared.

I can't wait to meet them.

I gently shook her, "Amore, wake up. We're here."

She opens her eyes and gives me a small smile.

"Let's go find our children," I whisper and extend my hand out to hers.

She takes my hand and we exit the plane.

"I have my men already near the warehouse ready for my signal. As soon as we reach the warehouse they will go in first and we will follow them from behind to make sure there aren't any traps." I say to Ava.

She nods, "If something happens to me, ask me to make sure you save our children."

I stop her and make her face me.

"Don't say things like that amore. Your life is more important than mine. I will always put you first." I say before kissing her lips.

She moans into our kiss.

"I love you," I whisper against her lips.

She doesn't say it back which hurts like hell but she has the right.

I hurt her and I can't take it back.

-------------

"Make sure you stay behind me at all times," I whisper to Ava.

We reached the warehouse and are currently standing outside it.

She narrows her eyes at me, "I can take care of myself. Just focus on our children."

I ignored her comment.

She can take care of herself, she's strong and I trust her, but she is also my wife and I love her. I can't let anything happen to her.

"Okay, on the count of three go in," I say to my men.

They all nod in response.

"3, 2, 1"

My men break the door down and quickly rush in shooting anyone on sight. We follow in after them and there are already so many people on the floor dead, but no children.

I look over to Ava and her eyes look lost.

"Don't worry, we will find them," I assure her.

Ava's POV

"What if they aren't here?" I whisper.

"Then we'll find them. No matter-"

I see a figure come behind Ace.

I quickly pull out my knife and throw it at the figure stopping Ace mid-sentence.

I run up to him and cup his cheeks, "Are you okay?"

He looks back and his eyes widen, "Amore you saved me again."

One of Ace's men came next to us, "Sir, there's another room here!"

Another room? I thought they searched everywhere.

"Let's go!" I yell and start running towards the door.

Please.

Please.

As soon as I reach the door I try to open it but it's locked. What the hell? I start to bang on the door hoping for it to magically open. For my children to come running through the doors. For them to call my mommy again.