Chapter 29: Liar

"W-what are you talking about? Stop lying to me" Ace stutters.

"If only it was like that. Only if you hadn't lied to me. If only you weren't so fucked up to fake being in love with me."

-------------

Ace's POV

I can't breathe. I feel like I'm suffocating.

Children.She said that I have children.

Our children.

I fucked it up. I fucked up our family. We could have been a family. I would have been good to them.

If only I could tell her the truth. Then maybe things wouldn't be like this.

We would still be together. She would be laying on my bed at night and underneath me while we made love.

I didn't mean what I said that day. She wasn't just a fuck.

She was my everything. The way her cheeks would turn red every time I said something dirty to her. The way her eyes would become smaller when she smiled. Or the way she would pick at her fingers and shake her legs when she was nervous.

I noticed it. All of it.

"Ace!" I'm snapped back to reality to see Ava in front of me with her hands now on her hips.

"I asked you a damn question. Where are my children. And don't try to lie to me. I don't have time for your lies." she hisses.

"I don't know where they are" I confessed.

Who the hell would take children-

"But I have an idea about who it might be" I groaned, shaking my head.

Dimitiri mother fucking Knight.

"You promise you aren't lying?" I whispered.

"Are you dumb or something? Why would I lie to you about my children" she hisses back.

I rub the back of my head.

I deserve that.

"I just..you lied. It's been 6 fucking years, and I'm now finding out that you were alive and for the fact that I have children."

"Not my fault that you just had to be a lying ass." she snaps back at me.

"Get rid of Ronan" I say.

"Excuse me" she says, putting her hands on her hips.

"Tell him to go back to where he came from before I send him back in pieces" I say.

Ava's POV

"Are you serious?" I narrow my eyes.

"Yes, I am" he says staring at me.

I look back at Ronan who gives me the 'fuck no' look, before I sigh and stay quiet.

"Im serious Ava" Ace says. "Don't make me kill him"

"I'd like to see you try" I hear Ronan growl back at him before starting to put his gun back up.

I quickly hold my hand up to stop him. "It's okay" I whisper, making him look back at me as if I'm crazy.

"Ava?"