Chapter 5: Gone

Ace's POV

Today was my wedding day.

Fuck.

I put on my suit and tie.

"Are you ready?" Lucas asked, poking his head in the door.

"Yes," I said with no emotion.

"You should see your to-be wife. She looks hot," he exclaims.

I narrow my eyes at him.

"Bro, you need to chill and show some emotion for gods sake. You're getting married. Yes, it's not under the most ideal reason, but it's still marriage. You don't get married every day. Do it for your sister and your mother." he said in a comforting sound I never knew he had.

"Do you want me to give you a black eye?" I said while chuckling.

Lucas may be annoying at times, but I was beyond grateful that he was here with me. Being best friends with him since childhood, I would've killed him if he didn't come, but it still meant a lot.

Ignoring my remark, Lucas walked back to the door and let out one last comment.

"Come outside. The bride will be walking down the aisle soon," he said.

With that, I walked out the door.

Ava's POV

I don't remember what happened after that.

I woke up to find myself laying on the cement of the basement. I tried to stand up but my whole body ached.

Suddenly I heard a noise and held my breath, hoping that it wasn't my father again. Instead, my brother Louis came through the door. "Are you okay? I am so sorry."

I had no strength to say anything so I just numbly shook my head.

"I wanted to come down but...he wouldn't allow it. He finally allowed me to come before he left so I could remind you to be ready by 4. The marriage will take place at 6. He has also put out dresses that were picked out by Ace."

I smiled at him as a way of saying I understand. He gave a tentative smile back and walked out, leaving the door open. I slowly stood up and dragged myself up to my room, wincing at every sore spot that screamed at me as I went up the stairs.

On my bed laid 4 different dresses. I decided on putting on the champagne color dress. I sat in front of the mirror and stared at the bruises on my legs. They didn't seem like they were going to leave anytime soon. With tears in my eyes, I picked up my foundation and covered them all up.

After what seemed an hour, all the bruises were gone were covered. I finished up my makeup and did my hair. The worst part was putting on the dress, since every time I moved, something seemed to hurt. I didn't like the dress very much, but I had to obey my oh so lovely to be husband's wishes. I had found out that Ace had chosen my best friends Hannah and Katherine to be my bridesmaids along with his sister who I hadn't even met.

I didn't even ask how he knew who my friends were.

I was pissed about it. All of it. My sister wasn't allowed to be my bridesmaid at my own wedding. Instead, he chose his sister who I had no idea about.

The clock struck 4, and I took a deep breath, mentally preparing myself for the oncoming torture.

"Ava! Father's here waiting in the car for all of us. He says to come down now."

I fixed my posture and walked down the stairs, dreading what was coming next.

A huge limousine was waiting outside. I could see my father and siblings already waiting in the car. Keeping my gaze down I sat inside and didn't say a word. "Do not make a fool out of yourself and embarrass me. You will do whatever you are told. Make sure you smile. And do not say a word until allowed. Understood?"