Chapter 36 : Holding On

Ace's POV

I hear Ava shriek over a fictional character for the 100th time today.

"OMG! He is so freaking hot!" she exclaims before running up to the tv, giving "hot" Damon a fly kiss, and then she sprints back to the couch and sits on my lap.

I let out a chuckle and wrap my arms around her waist pulling her closer to me.

God, I love this woman.

"Ace!" she suddenly yells scaring the shit out of me.

"What's wrong?" I question.

"Don't you agree? Damon is so hot. OMG look at his smirk!" she giggles and I shake my head while letting out a chuckle.

"Sure amore. Whatever you say." I say nodding my head.

I remember what happened last time I denied her during the same conversation.

"Ace, don't worry. I won't get in the way of your bromance. I fully support." she says making me groan.

"You're a pain," I say.

"You love me anyways." she giggles.

"I do amore," I say and kiss her on the cheek.

"I love you." she shrieks while staring at the TV.

"Are you talking to me or Damon?" I question.

"Umm...do you want me to lie?" she says batting her eyes.

I chuckle and turn us around so she's laying on the couch.

"Don't worry amore, I'll find out soon enough"

Flashback Over

Ava's POV

"Are you sure that's what he said?" Ace questions for the 100th time.

"Yes oh my god. I'm not an idiot. I know how to do my job correctly." I snap back.

It's only 1 pm and I already want to kick his ass. We woke up this morning and somehow I was on his chest and had my arms wrapped around him like a stuffed animal. He made a big deal out of it for the next 15 minutes and even brought it up in the kitchen in front of everyone.

Then he dares to ask why I look mad.

"Amore, it was a joke for the last time" he groans running his hand over his face.

"Yeah well it wasn't funny" I snap back. "Where the hell are we? We've been on this stupid plane for 3 hours now"

"Calm down, we should be there soon," he says before returning his focus to his phone.

———————

"Amore make sure you stay here." Ace says.

"Excuse me? Do you think I'm going to just stand here while you go inside? Do I look stupid to you?" I hiss.

"No of course not. I just don't want you to get hurt" he says while cupping my cheeks.

I take a deep breath, "I'll be fine Ace. I've trained 5 years for this. I can take care of myself. Just save our children, please."

He continues to stare into my eyes until he finally sighs and nods his head.

"Just stay safe. Please amore"