The One With The Toast

Start from the beginning

Emily placed her point finger over the heart resurrection spell to show Damon what she was talking about before the Gilbert girl began to explain, "the type of witch I am from the Radkova coven and the original witch are the only ones who are strong enough to perform this spell without the major possibility of death,"

"But there is still a chance you could die?" The Salvatore vampire interrupted with a small frown on his face.

"Well, yeah," the Gilbert girl uttered with a slight shrug of her shoulders. Emily released a small chuckle as she stated, "anything in our world can kill us any day of the week. It's nothing new."

Damon released a heavy sigh as he slowly shook his head. "I don't know about this," the Salvatore vampire mumbled. "I want Lena back more than anything," Damon stated, "but I can't risk you dying, too. Stefan will never forgive me if I let you die."

"Damon, this is Elena we're talking about!" Emily exclaimed as she threw her hands in the air.

"We are also talking about your life, Emily," the Salvatore vampire reminded the young witch. "It would kill me if I knew I could have stopped you from dying and I didn't," Damon uttered before he grasped the Gilbert girl's hand and squeezed it. "You are like my little sister," the blue eyed vampire expressed, "I wouldn't be able to bare it if you died, too."

"I know," Emily uttered as she gave the vampire's cold hand a squeeze back, "but I need you to trust me on this." The Radkova witch stared seriously into Damon's blue eyes as she confidently told him, "I know what I'm doing. I promise, I'm not trying to get myself killed."

"I talked to Deaton about this and he said he would help me out with any questions I have about the spell and he'll guide me through the affects afterwards," Emily explained to hopefully convince Damon to give her the go-ahead on this, "I even talked to Maria about it, too."

"Wait... Hold on a sec," Damon uttered as he raised up his hand. "Maria? You mean the dead witch who's powers you have right now?" The Salvatore vampire asked with confusion all throughout his voice. "How did you swing that?" Damon wondered in amusement.

Emily rolled her green eyes at the vampire's light teasing. "It's a whole thing," the Gilbert girl stated as she carelessly waved her hand before she added, "all you need to know is that I can contact her any time I want."

The Salvatore vampire quickly sobered up from his joking around as he asked Emily, "are you sure you know what you're doing?" Damon shook his head as he mumbled, "I don't want to have all of this hope only for the spell to fail or for you to die in the process."

"I got this," the Radkova witch immediately promised, "I truly believe that I can do this." Emily shook her head as she stated, "I wouldn't have to come to you with this if I didn't think I could do it." The Gilbert girl reached over and squeezed Damon's hand as she swore, "I can bring Elena back. I have to."

The Salvatore vampire squeezed Emily's hand back before he promised, "I do trust you." Damon pointed his finger at the young witch as he exclaimed with zero argument in his voice, "but if I see you on the brink of death, then I'm pulling you right out. I will not lose another person, you got it?"

Emily instantly nodded her head in agreement. "Deal," the Radkova witch swore before she told Damon with a small grin playing on her face, "the only thing you need to worry about is seeing our girl because I will be bringing Lena back."

A small smile slowly worked itself onto Damon's face as he stared across at the young witch. "I guess we have a deal, then," the Salvatore vampire murmured.

"Yes!" The Radkova witch excitedly exclaimed as she jumped up from the leather couch and threw her hands up in the air. Emily was just so happy that she was one step in getting her twin sister back. It was only something Emily could have only dream about until today.

"Elena's coming home!" The Gilbert girl loudly cheered as she grabbed Damon's hands and swiftly pulled him up from the couch. "She's coming! She's coming!" Emily excitedly stated as she swiftly wrapped her arms around Damon's neck and pulled him into a hug.

The Salvatore vampire released an amused chuckle as he wrapped his arms around Emily's shoulders and hugged her back. "This calls for a drink," Damon uttered once he pulled away from the embrace and shot the Gilbert girl a wide grin.

"You know, it's not a celebratory drink if you drink the same thing every single day," Emily commented with a playful smirk on her face.

Damon rolled his blue eyes at the young witch. "I wasn't going to grab the normal whiskey," the Salvatore vampire stated as nodded his head over to the table where he had his array of alcoholic liquor bottles. "I got something special," Damon uttered before he immediately disappeared with his enhanced speed.

Damon went into the basement of the Salvatore boarding house and walked to the large safe that was built into the wall. The Salvatore vampire entered the combination before she grabbed the green and tan bottle. Damon grinned as he stared down at the bottle of whiskey before he vamped back up to the living room.

"What is it?" Emily curiously wondered as she took the bottle from the Salvatore vampire's hands.

"That is a bottle of 1916 Old Mock whiskey," Damon stated while he grabbed two crystal glasses from the small table against the far wall.

"What's so special about it?" The Gilbert girl inquired as she accepted the glass from Damon and handed him the bottle back.

"This particular bottle was from the first barrels during the prohibition era," the Salvatore vampire explained as he popped off the cork stopper. "You know, alcohol was becoming illegal, so prices were going up for people trying to get a little fix of booze," Damon recalled.

The Salvatore vampire poured two fingers worth of whiskey into each of their glasses. Damon handed one glass to Emily before swirled the amber colored liquor around in his crystal glass as he stated, "the last time I checked, a bottle like this could go for around 1.4 million dollars."

The Gilbert girl instantly choked on her saliva in surprise. "And you want to drink it?" Emily gaped as she stared down at the glass of whiskey that cost more than anything she owned or would have own.

Damon released a loud and amused chuckle. "Money isn't a big thing for vampires like it is for humans," the Salvatore vampire stated as he took a seat on the leather couch. "Besides, we have the perfect reason to finally drink this," Damon murmured as he shot the young witch a grin.

"Elena would have a heart attack if she saw us drinking something this expensive," the Gilbert girl uttered with an amused chuckle as she took a seat on the couch across from the Salvatore vampire.

"Yeah, she would," Damon agreed as he released a light chuckle. "She never understood why I would buy expensive ass whiskey just to drink it all in a few hours," the Salvatore vampire recalled with a small smile on his face as he remembered all the times Elena would be cutely puzzled at the liquor store.

"She just isn't a whiskey connoisseur like us," Emily joked.

"True," the Salvatore vampire uttered before he raised up his glass towards Emily for a toast. "So, what are we saying?" Damon inquired with a grin on his face.

The Radkova witch brought her glass up to meet Damon's glass before she murmured, "here's to a successful spell and to bringing Lena back to us."

"Hear, hear," Damon uttered in agreement. "You'll be home soon enough, baby," the Salvatore vampire softly murmured as if he was speaking to his girlfriend before Damon clinked his and Emily's glasses together.

While the Salvatore vampire and the Radkova witch were smiling drinking together as they celebrated bringing Elena back to the world of the living, Emily silently swore that she was going to do everything in her power to bring her sister back. Emily knew she wasn't being completely honest with her friends about the spell and what it would do to her but it was all going to be worth it in the end.

Emily only cared about bringing her twin sister back and she wasn't going to stop until Elena was back on the side of the breathing or she was going to die trying.