21.

(think u guys should listen to only by leehi for this chap buttt 🤷‍♀️)

it was the last day of school before they broke up for summer, and sunoo was waiting for sunghoon outside of school for their tutor session.

"where is heee," sunoo said to himself in a frustrated manner and checked his watched, sighing, "he must be skipping." however, just when sunoo was about to walk off he felt a hand on his wrist, turning around to be met with a worried jake.

"jake hyung?"

"sunghoon's in a fight!"

"what?!" sunoo exclaimed, quickly running in with jake, rushing through the crowd of people to see sunghoon on top of jihoon, the boy he was fighting, punching him non stop whilst jay and heeseung were restraining the two.

"fucking say that again i dare you!" sunghoon spat at jihoon before continuing to throw multiple punches at the latter's face.

jay finally managed to pull sunghoon away, quickly shouting for sunoo to take him away. as a result of that, sunoo grabbed his hand and ran to the nurse's office with him - making him take a seat.

he grabbed the first aid box because he knew he'd have to treat sunghoon himself since the nurse was on holiday for summer. he opened the kit and grabbed sunghoon's chin hesitantly, moving his face around to see where all the injuries were and started treating them.

"you're so dumb hyung."

"it wasn't even me!"

"don't start on me now, who was it then?"

"we were just arguing first because...because i don't know actually he just came up to me and started saying random bs. and then when i defended myself he started bringing you into it.. and he started saying stuff about you-"

"like what?"

"nothing i don't wanna say it."

"well, you didn't have to fight him you could've just left it."

"leave it? are you joking? he said something about you of course i'm gonna defend you. the fight didn't even have anything to do with you so why does he feel the need to involve you or how my relationship with you even seems?"

"so that's what you get judged for? being friends with me? because if it is then i'll distance myself from you because i don't want you to go through hell because of me," sunoo said as he looked down, partially to pack up the kit since he was finished applying plasters and liquid antiseptic on the older's face and the other part to hide his disappointed face. he was about to walk away to put the first aid kit back until sunghoon grabbed his wrist.

"are you dumb? i don't care what people say, our friendship doesn't affect them." sunghoon replied with but the room then went silent for a few minutes - causing sunghoon to pull sunoo back and wrap his arms around his waist, digging his head into the younger's chest.

sunoo froze for a few seconds, shocked at the sudden action. but regardless, he slowly and gently started patting sunghoon's head, too flustered to even hug back.

and as if a tidal wave of emotions came crashing on sunghoon, he suddenly remembered the fact he was falling for sunoo. and he was scared, he doesn't know why but he was scared. he was scared his parents would be disappointed at the fact he loves a boy, scared his friends might think he's weak for falling so easily and scared that sunoo might not feel the same way.

and without even knowing tears were slowly and one by one flowing down his face, wetting sunoo's shirt. this didn't go unnoticed by the younger as his eyebrows furrowed and he pulled sunghoon's head away, now cupping his face.

"why are you crying?"

"nothing," sunghoon hastily replied with and quickly wiped his tears, embarrassed since he had never cried in front of anyone before. but he felt comfortable in sunoo's embrace, he wanted to stay there forever. he wasn't scared there, he wasn't judged there, and he wasn't trapped there.

"tell me hyung."

"it's nothing sun believe me."

sunoo's hands on sunghoon's face tightened slightly as a bright smile creeped up on his face slowly.

"hey! the park sunghoon isn't teasing me for once? he's being nice? wowww i'm very shocked, are you a changed man?"

with sunoo's methods of cheering him up, sunghoon let out a soft laugh and looked down, only to look up again and be met with sunoo's eyes - none of them breaking eye contact.

well that was until heeseung walked in, wide eyes and a smirk painting his face after he saw the position the two were in, sunoo's hands still on the latter's face as if they were about to kiss.

"oh i was just checking in but, i'll leave you guys to it!" he exclaimed and laughed, quickly leaving after wiggling his eyebrows at sunghoon teasingly.

"oh my god cousins are so annoying," sunghoon said whilst facepalming himself - meanwhile sunoo was just blushing profusely, not believing what he just did.