F I F T Y- F I VE

Carl look up at his father, "Dad?" He asked not sure if he was alive or not. One of his eyes was completely busted. Rick went to his son who soon collapsed. Rick picked up his son crying and running from the walkers that followed him.

Samantha grabbed his sword killing any walkers who dared neared Rick. Matthew grabbed her other sword. Tears streamed down Michonne, Rick and Samantha's face as they all tried to get Carl to safety. Michonne cleared the way while Samantha and Matthew covered for Rick.

They ran to the infirmiy trying to get Carl to safety. They soon made it, Denise opened the door for Rick and everyone followed accept Samantha. "Sam!" Matthew yelled. "Samantha!" He yelled one last time. He grabbed her by the waist forcing her in and Spencer soon closed the door. "Why isn't she-" Spencer was confused why the rest were covered in blood and she wasn't.

"Please save him," Rick said to Denise hoping to see his son smile again.

Samantha and Rick both handled this differently. Samantha cried as her thoughts continued to tell her Carl was dead. And Rick just stared hoping his son was okay. Matthew quickly took his sheet off and tried comforting Samantha who was now standing. "I'm going with you." She said to Rick who had take off his sheet.

He nodded and they both stepped outside closing the door before anyone could stop them. When it came to who had the strongest connection to Carl it was Rick and Samantha. They had been with Carl for the beginning and when if came to who Carl loved more. His top three were Rick, Samantha and Michonne. Because Carls best dreams consisted of him, Sophia and Samantha sitting around a campfire while she told them stories.

Samantha and Rick both fought their way to the quarry, their best memories of Carl fueling them. Once they made their way into the streets they truly were surrounded.

Soon Michonne and Matthew cut through the hoard more of the others helping. Samantha smiled and they all continued towards the cars. As they passed more and more houses more and more people came to help. "Knock 'em away, drive 'em down!" Rick shouted, knowing that was the best technique for this situation. "We can beat 'em. WE CAN BEAT 'EM!" Rick yelled encouraging everyone to fight like their lives depended on it. Cause they did.

Blood was everywhere, on their skin, on their clothes, covering the ground they fought on.  Soon Rosita, Tara, Eugene, Carol and Morgan joined the fight.

Dead bodies littered the floor they all once walked on. Their progress shows with a trail of bodies. Gunshots soon filled the air, Samantha and Rick shared a look as they both realized it came from the gate. They continued to do their best to move forward but as the hoard got closer and closer, forcing their circle got smaller it seemed their chance of survival was decreasing as each second passed.

Soon all they could do was back up as the hoard forced them back against the walls of Alexandria. Samantha saw alight come from the pond in the middle of Alexandria. "What the fuck?" She asked mainly to herself. The walkers all went towards the light finding more interest in it then them. They continued to fight.

Samantha grabbed sword with both hands, tightly. She brought it up and bringing it down against a walkers head. She continued doing that clearing a way for the others. Something she knew she should've done earlier. She was taking back everything she said when she first met Deanna. She realized these people who lived behind these walls weren't weak, or cowards. Even the cowards were here helping them, fighting against the things they feared. She was proud of the people she had loved from the beginning and those she had met only months ago.

She knew that these were the people who would die to keep this place safe, and now she knew that. And now she would die by that.

By the time night had passed and the sun shown bright every walker was dead. Samantha walked towards the pond where a big truck was. Someone jumped off and came from behind the back. "Daryl?" She asked wondering if it was him. "Sam?" He asked confused if it was her or not. Blood covered every piece of skin on her body. More blood on her than anyone else.