F I F T Y - T H R E E

Samantha awoke to hear arguing coming from downstairs. Two very familiar voices. "Why the hell ain't you tell her yet!" Daryl yelled at Matthew.

"I didn't want that to be the first thing she heard when she got home!" Matthew said raising his voice as well. Daryl didn't like the use of the word home in his sentence.

"This ain't her home, this the place she sleeps," Daryl said his voice finally at a good level. "How would you know?" Matthew asked now starting to hate Daryl. "Because I know her better than you ever will." Daryl wasn't wrong. There was a whole lot of truth to what he said.

Yet this conversation had stopped being about why Samantha didn't know Glenn may be dead it was about who knew her better. Who cared for her more.

"Yeah right," Matthew scoffed. "Ask 'er yourself," Daryl said storming out, the door soon slammed behind him.

"Ask me what?" Samantha asked geniunly curious. "He knows you better than I ever will, apparently." Samantha looked at him then at the door. "Did he say that?" She asked hoping he hadn't.

"Who would've?" Matthew asked avoiding eye contact with her. "No, cause he wouldn't have said that if he wasn't provoked." Matthew scoffed. "So it's my fault?" He asked.

"No, but he understands that-" "WHAT SAM! UNDERSTANDS WHAT?!" He yelled unable to help himself.

"Don't yell at me, Matthew. I can promise you, you will not yell at me." He chuckled annoyed. "Or what, Sam. Or what?" He asked. She looked away as she felt a sense of deja vu.

"I'm not doing this with you. Things have happened things he knows. And I won't tell you cause you bullied me into it. I won't."

"Why is it him over me, over us?" He asked angrily. "There is no us MATTHEW! It's me over you. I will choose myself in this situation and you can't be angry with me over it." She rarely chose herself but this time she would.

Matthew closed his eyes trying to ground himself. He knew sometimes his emotions could get ahead of himself and he would change. He would go from the caring understanding person he was to an angry selfish person he didn't like to let out.

"I'm sorry." He whispered. "I, Glenn didn't come back. He went off and said he was gonna let us know when he was okay. But he didn't. That's why Daryl was angry. Angry I didn't tell you last night." Samantha looked away trying not to cry at the thought of Glenn dying.

But she couldn't. He looked up when he heard a sob escape her mouth. Matthew went up to her and she stepped back. "Don't," she said wiping her face. "I'm sorry, I should've told you."

"Your right, you should've." She pushed past him walking out. Matthew stood there disappointed in himself.

Samantha went looking for Maggie and found her on one of the posts. She climbed the ladder and stood next to Maggie. "He's not dead, you can't tell me he is." She said continuing to look past the herd in front of Alexandria.

"Glenn wouldn't die, he's not that stupid." Maggie looked at Sam remembering how long they had known each other. She had known Glenn since the beginning.

"He can be stupider than Rick sometimes but he knows we love him. He knows you love him, he wouldn't leave you." Samantha smiled at her. "I'm pregnant," Maggie whispered. Samantha's eyes widen.

"Besides Glenn you're the one person I wanted to tell." Samantha smiled widely. "Your gonna make me cry," she wiped her face trying to hide her tears of joy. "Yeah Glenns coming back, without a doubt." Maggie nodded agreeing. "I love him so much." Maggie whispered.

"I bet, I'm sorry I didn't talk to you last night. I didn't know, Matthew didn't tell me." Samantha looked away feeling guilty. "Oh yeah that's a thing, it's fine." Maggie smiled.