N I N E

︎

"𝐃𝐎 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐍𝐊 𝐌𝐘 𝐆𝐑𝐀𝐍𝐃𝐌𝐀 𝐑𝐄𝐌𝐄𝐌𝐁𝐄𝐑 𝐌𝐄?" Amelia asked resting her head against the big tree they laid on. "I know she did," Samantha answered grabbing her friend's hand. "You do?" Amelia looked at Samantha, "Yeah I was able to see her. She missed you, and your mom." Samantha lied, she was able to see her but she didn't remember anything except for fragments of her past life. "I missed her too," Amelia sighed letting one tear fall. "Hey come here," Samantha pulled her friend close hugging her. "It's okay, she wasn't killed in a crash she died in her sleep," Samantha said softly. "I love you," Amelia whispered, "I love you more," Samantha mumbled and her friend slowly drifted asleep. Maybe falling asleep was a bad idea but it was just them, and that's all Samantha wanted. A moment alone with her other half.

The next morning Samantha hopped into Daryl's truck as he was still sleeping. Although he was sitting with his head kneeling against the window. "Wake up Cowboy." She said loud enough for him to hear. "Don't call me that," he mumbled slowly waking up. "Fine, hurry up and drive wanna be back before lunch." She commented. "Chill out, I can still say no." He started his truck before driving away from the farm. The truck was quiet and when it was quiet he appeared.

"No matter how much you loved her, there was nothing you could've done to stop her." She ignored him, she heard those words come from so many different people that they held no meaning. "Loving her more wouldn't change that, she did what she did because she could no longer burden you." She kept ignoring him watching her surroundings pass by. "Maybe you were the burden." He said and she rubbed her face, "Oh a face rub, so scary." She turned the radio on not asking for permission. "It's my truck I listen to what I want to listen to." He turned off the radio.

"My truck I listen to what I want to, shut the fuck up, and play some music." His hand pressed the button and the music played quietly. "I love it when you call me senorita I wish I could pretend I didn't meet ya, but every touch is ooo Lalala, it's true Lalala." She sang, "I should be running, ooo you keep me coming for ya." He hadn't said anything yet, she was waiting for him too. "We got some up ahead, you wanna deal with or should I?" Daryl asked. "I got it," She hopped out and one hand grabbed her sword.

Not only did she learn sword fighting for fun, but to protect her and Amelia. She wanted to be like Octavia on her favorite show, she even learned the same move. She walked up to the walkers her footsteps loud enough to draw their attention. She quickly put her hair up and let them come at her.

"What are you doing?" Daryl questioned. One walker came at her and she moved swiftly, the same thing happened a couple of times before she brought her sword out. After only a couple of swings of her sword, the bodies collapse. She wiped a drop of its blood off her cheek and put her sword away and headed back. She wasn't as trained as she wanted, "The reason I got you all those lessons is that I knew you'd never use it against me." He said and she ignored him getting in the truck.