S E V E N

︎

𝐒𝐀𝐌𝐀𝐍𝐓𝐇𝐀 𝐆𝐄𝐓𝐒 𝐎𝐔𝐓 𝐎𝐅 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐓𝐑𝐔𝐂𝐊 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐑𝐓𝐒 𝐖𝐀𝐋𝐊𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐁𝐄𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐄 𝐒𝐇𝐀𝐍𝐄 𝐂𝐀𝐍 𝐆𝐄𝐓 𝐓𝐎 𝐇𝐄𝐑, but she isn't fast enough. He grips her arm pulling her close to him, "That didn't happen, you will tell no one of what happened or what you saw." Shane said his tone deadly. "Yeah fine, but let go," Samantha said looking into his eye. Before she left she would've said she more or less trusted Shane but now, he terrified her. "Otis sacrificed himself to save us, that's all that happened," She said pulling her arm from his grip. "But I beg you for your sake that you never lay your hands on me like that again," Samantha said and walk back to the truck grabbing the two duffle bags and heading to the house. She opens the door to see Hershel rush to her. "Where's Otis?" He asks her seeing Shane appear behind her, she tenses up with how close Shane is. "He didn't make it, he sacrificed himself for us," Shane said and she took a step forward not liking how close he was to her, and then she felt his angry gaze on her back.

"We had Walkers on our back and he threw his bag at Samantha and told us to tell you, he was repaying his debt," Shane said taking a step closer to Samantha causing her to tense up again. Her eyes went across everyone in the room, and they hovered on Daryl. He was cleaning his arrows, he looked up sensing her gaze and she looked away from him. One of the women started sobbing. "I'm so sorry, but he didn't suffer," Samantha said before handing the bags to Hershel. "How do you know that?" The woman asked. "I couldn't bare to hear him scream in pain, so I shot him. It drew attention to us but we were able to make it out." Shane said and Samantha made a beeline for Carl.

She kneeled by the bed looking at his sleeping form. A thin sheen of sweat covered his body, "Hey Carl, I doubt you can hear me. I got the stuff for you, I hope you're alright." She rubs his knuckles. "He will be hopefully, a prayer is always excepted though." She looks at him, "I'm agnostic." She looks back down at Carl. "Christain or Catholic?" He asks not considering the other religions. "Raised Christian, I was very close with a priest." You reply. "I see," He said and started focusing on what he was doing. "You're a doctor?" Samantha questioned, she hadn't had a chance to have a conversation with Hershel. "I am a doctor of sorts." He replied causing Samantha to look up confused. "Of sorts, what kind of doctor are you?" Samantha asked, "A doctor." He replied. She had a question and she wouldn't stop asking until she got an answer.

"What kind?" She demanded, "You are in no position to demand things from me." Hershel answered. "A boy's life is at stake she can demand an answer." She heard Daryl say from the entryway. "A veterinarian," He replied and Samantha's eyes closed and she tried not to lash out. She couldn't say the same for Daryl, she guessed he stormed out to notify Rick and Lori of the sudden news. "Your friends reckless," Hershel said while he finished setting everything up. "We aren't friends," Samantha said standing up. She kissed Carls's head, "Please save him, we all love him Daryl cares for him whether or not he will admit it. So not just for Lori or Rick but every one of us." Samantha said to him before leaving, she saw an angry Rick and stopped him.