Taking Heed & Here Comes Trouble

Taking heed to Joe's warning Jasmine returns to Dwayne house to cook and give him meds, she text Joe letting him know where she was and what she was doing. He ask about the baby and asked if she needed anything?
Dwayne walks into the kitchen.
Dwayne, "What got you smiling?"
Jasmine, "Nothing."
Dwayne, "You cooking again? I think you should slow down don't wanna get too fat and stay fat after the baby."
Jasmine, "Are you calling me fat?"
Dwayne, "Your ass won't that round and thick before."
Jasmine, "Maybe I should thank my baby daddy."
Dwayne, "I didn't mean it like that."
Jasmine, "That's exactly what you meant."
Dwayne, "I was thinking and I want to accept this baby. I wanna embrace the newness in our lives and we can live and raise the baby as ours."
Jasmine, "The baby already have a father and I just---
Dwayne walks up on Jasmine, "You just what? You're my wife and as long as you're here it's my way."
Jasmine becomes frightened, "What if I don't like it your way?"
Dwayne snatches her by her arms and rushes her to the kitchen closet door, "Then you'll just deal with it."
Jasmine screams, "Get off of me! I'm leaving. Get off!"
Jasmine knees Dwayne in the balls. He grabs Jasmine before she could get away from him, Dwayne, "You fat whore!" throws her to the wall and slamming her head against the brick part and moving so she could drop to the ground.
Thirty minutes later it was red and blue lights surrounding the outside with Dwayne giving a story that Jasmine went crazy and blacked out after hitting her head due to childhood trauma...
Jasmine is lifted onto the back of an ambulance loosing fluids...

An hour later Joe hears the news on his baby girl and Jasmine and is pissed to all capacity. Dashes to the hospital hoping Dwayne ass would be there.

 Dashes to the hospital hoping Dwayne ass would be there

Jasmine comes to more woke and alert when she hears a lot of people chattering to be talking someone down

Jasmine comes to more woke and alert when she hears a lot of people chattering to be talking someone down. She knew the father of her child was there. Milliseconds later Joe had threw punches at Dwayne's face connecting, then drawing back kicking Dwayne in the throat with black steel toe Timberland boots on. He continued punching Dwayne until blood poured from everywhere possible. Dwayne was seeing stars and had gone deaf in an ear. Security was trying but Joe took them down as well. Police officers came and he was pepper sprayed but it didn't phase him, his adreline was too high. After he caused his destruction and pulls up a seat beside Jasmine's bed. And from the look in his eyes she knew sweet Joe was gone.
Joe, "If you wanna stay with Dwayne than that's your choice but as long as you got my child you will get away from him or I will press charges and take your ass to court for child endangerment and get full custody straight out the womb. You better take heed to my warning or I'm not going to hesitate to bring hell to you too."
Jasmine, "I know. I'm so sorry. I never would have---
Joe, "I don't wanna hear it."
Joe gets up and leaves out. Jasmine called for Joe but he kept walking ignoring her pleading call.

Dwayne was rushed into the E.R placed into ICU. Machines were helping him breathe, he had four broken ribs, a broken nose, fractured eye bone, busted stitched up lip, fractured hairline and deaf in his left ear. Aunt Thavana arrives rushing to her nephew bed side. She went to the floor Jasmine was being held on to confront Jasmine but she comes across Joe in the hallway. The police was trying to arrest Joe but in walks a man with a similar swag to his and a tougher demeanor.
Mr. Leati, "Good evening officers."
Officer #1, "Mr. Anoa'i. It's been forever."
Mr. Leati, "What are you doing trying to apprehend my son?"
Officer #1, "This your son?"
Officer #2, "Sorry about that."
Officer #3, "You can go sir. Sorry about that."
The police officers backs off Joe. Joe looks at his father, "I had it."
Leati, "Sure you did."
Joe, "What are you doing here?"
Leati, "Your mother had a dream the other night about you in trouble and she made us catch a flight here so here we are."
Joe, "I'm fine."
Leati, "Why is your hand broken?"
Joe, "He fucked with the wrong one."
Aunt Thavana comes up pushes Joe, who didn't budge a centimeter, "You trash! You put your hands on my damn grandson."
Joe, "Lady, you better back your ass up before you match your damn nephew. I'm not in the fucking mood."
Aunt Thavana came to Joe again and before the police officer could grab her Joe decks her in the forehead. Aunt Thavana knocks out and Leati takes his son outside to get air.
Leati, "How is my grandchild?"
Joe, "Barely fucking breathing! How can Jasmine be so stupid?! Damn! She don't fucking listen! I know she's smarter than that but for some reason she wants to help this mark ass fucker because he has cancer. Who gives a fuck? Was he thinking about cancer when he was whooping her ass through the house? Or cheating on her? His ass cheated first. We got to the same pool bar. And his ass always was late on his membership payments because he was seeing that Alf bitch. So I fucked his wife but he portray to the members of his aunt's church that his some Saint that got cheated on!"
Leati, "Wow. You need to collect yourself son and make sure my grandchild lives."
Joe, "I'm doing my best pops. If she loose my child, I can't be with her. I love her but when it comes to my child I'll dismiss anyone. She knows better."
Leati, "I thought you were in love."
Joe, "Who told you that?"
Leati, "Let's go back inside."
Joe follows his father back in to Jasmine room. They walk in seeing Joe's mother helping nurse Jasmine. They walk out allowing the women their privacy alongwith the nurses.

----Can Skip Of You Like-----
Patricia, "I was so worried about him. I'm glad I came down because you two are going to need me. You need to make sure you're safe especially with my grandchild in your womb. I wish you would try with my son but I'm not going to beg you or make you. You're grown. I just want my grand baby to make it in this world then you can do what you wanna do."
Jasmine, "I have feelings for you. I was just a sticky situation. I had a marriage then I had a sexy creep that turned out to be such a great man. What was I to do?"
Patricia, "I understand you staying in your marriage. No matter how sexy a man was I wouldn't leave Leati for him. Thing is Leati doesn't abuse me. That's Biblical terms for a divorce. God haven't told no woman or man to stay in marriage or even get married to a person that beats them up. Your mate is to be your equal. No man more than a woman or vice versa. That's why some of these traditions are meant to be broken. And I understand about separation, Leati and I have separated before but our good outweighed our bad. Do you and Dwayne's?"
Jasmine cries, "No. I didn't mean for any of this to happen."
Patricia, "No one plans it but a person shows you who they are over and over again or even just once believe it. You had no problem labeling my son before you really knew him. And if he's a sexy creep then you must be one too, you slept with him knowing you were married."
Jasmine smiles, "You're going to defend your baby boy."
Patricia, "I'm his mother. And before I get down on my child, I'm going to look at me and his father. He's the product of us and he's no worse than the source."
Leati, "Baby I'm right here."
Patricia, "I know. Can you go grab us some food?"
Leati nods and head off to do what he was asked. Meanwhile, Joe was already heading towards the pharmacy to fill Jasmine prescriptions and grab some things for her to get comfortable when she got out the hospital. He was nervous because doctors and nurses had a medical belt strapped to Jasmine to see if they baby makes it through the night. Joe was so scared. Once he got out of the pharmacy and into his truck thinking about his daughter not making made him shed some tears. And for the first time over some months Joe bowed his head in prayed, "Jesus know that what we did and how we did was wrong for our baby girl to be here but please don't take her from us. And if you don't, I promise that I won't bring no more kids into this world that way and out of wedlock. Please just keep my baby girl here with us. In Jesus name I pray." 🙏

The next morning everyone awaken. Jasmine woke up to see Joe sleeping in the chair next to her hospital bed. The nurse and doctor opens the door making Joe awake and ready for the news.
Nurse, "She's still here. She have a faint heart rate but it's better than last night." Joe asked over 50 questions concerned about his baby girl. When they out Jasmine couldn't help but feel even worse from the worry on Joe's face.
Jasmine, "I'm sorry. I pray that our baby girl makes it because---
Joe stands up pacing, "Because what? You'll be worried! You were safe and happy at my house, why did you go looking for trouble with Dwayne and his bullshit! Why Jasmine?! Why?! What is it going to take? For me to trap you in the house?!"
Jasmine, "I'm sorry."
Joe, "Oh you'll be more than sorry if my baby don't make. I better be able to hold my baby girl in 3 more months and she's alive with no complications if not yall aint begun to see the devil in me."
Joe storms out shattering the glass in the door frame. All Jasmine could do was cry.