Good News & Bad News

Dr. Chaff, "You stage three cancer." No response. "Mr. Johnson, do you hear me? You have stage three cancer."
Dwayne swallows hard and doesn't say anything. He starts to cry.
Dwayne, "Is there anything that can cure it?"
Dr. Chaff, "Worse case, death but best case, a pill or two a day. It's in stage 3 but it's not aggressively attacking right now. Let's go down to my office and get a specialist on the and discuss the options."

Joe brings Jasmine breakfast.
Joe, "Don't feel last night or yesterday. You said what you said and felt and I'm glad. I'm proud of you."
Jasmine looks confused, "Okay. So, you're not going to take back your offer or money? If you want to, that's fine, no hard feelings---
Joe, "You have this thing of trying to beat people to the punch before they hurt you. That's why you start talking fast before anyone can say anything. Stop waiting for the other shoe to drop. I'm a genuine guy. If I say I'm here to help than that's just what I'm going to do."
Jasmine, "I'm sorry---
Joe, "Stop apologizing."
Jasmine, "Right sorry. I mean not sorry."
Jasmine starts eating her breakfast and just savored the taste of Joe's cooking skills.
Joe peeps, "You know if you want a piece of this breakfast dessert, all you gotta do is hop aboard."
Jasmine face turns bloodshot red with blush and embrassment then they both burst out in laughter.
Jasmine, "I'm just going to finish breakfast in my room."
Joe still laughing, "Imma watch you walk away."
They continue laughing. It felt good to laugh for Jasmine. Leave it to Joe to make it sexual but comical.

As Jasmine finished up her breakfast she took the plate down for the maids to wash it. She headed back upstairs to see rose petals, smell good candles lit, smooth music playing with espom salt in hot water comfort water for her to bathe and soak in courtesy of Joe. She see a note card that said "Enjoy" with chocolate covered and good chocolate candy (Kit Kat. Snickers. Twix. Large Tootsie Rolls. And M&Ms) next to it. Tears come to Jasmine eyes as she steps inside after absorbing the scene. She could really spend all day but the water was getting cold and she wanted to thank him, that's if he's home. She steps out and robes up. She gets an alert on her phone that Dwayne has stage three cancer from Aunt Ata.

Jasmine stared at the phone is disbelief and the tears start to fall. She tried calling Dwayne and he answers.
Jasmine, "I'm sorry baby. I'm so sorry."
Dwayne, "Can you meet me?"
Jasmine, "Yeah. Just tell me where."
Dwayne tells her the address. After talking Dwayne wants Jasmine to come home. Should she? Will she?

Jasmine returns back to Joe house.
Joe, "Hey did you enjoy your bath?"
Jasmine, "Oh my gosh. Yes! A million times yes! No one has ever done anything like that for me. And I really needed it."
Joe, "That and a vehicle."
Jasmine, "What you talking about Willis?"
They both laugh.
Joe, "I love this happy, smiling face on you. I'm talking about your brand new vehicles."
Jasmine, "With a "S"?"
Joe, "Yes."
Jasmine goes outside to see a new red Range Rover and new white Cadillac Escalade.
Jasmine, "This--this is expensive."
Joe, "This is a "Thank you for having my baby" and you deserve it. I see that you're in school. Finish. I'll pay for it. I want to set you on your feet and take care of everything so you can provide what you want to provide for our child, on your own, as this child's mother."
Jasmine, "Really? Well okay." Jasmine becomes hesitant and anxious.
Joe hands a piece of paper with everything in her name and a scholarship check written out in her name as well.
Jasmine, "I could never pay you back. I don't know about this---
Joe, "Just be a great mother to our child. Look there's room to be human and error. Hell this is new to me too. Let's just vow to do our best no matter what it looks like. And if I man have the means he's supposed to do this for the child and the mother. Give her an easy way. Baring is hard enough."
Jasmine, "I don't know if you just have the gift of gab or really understand women but thank you. Oh I have to tell you something."
Jasmine phone rings and it's Dwayne.

" Jasmine phone rings and it's Dwayne