Start Over

Joe answered the door but at the same time Dwyane was calling.
Jasmine, "Hi."
Joe, "Hey. Wasn't expecting you. Come on in. I just had some hot wings cooked with a sauce on the side."
Jasmine looks around, "Wow."... "Your home is beautiful and look so cozy."
Joe, "Want to join me? Watching movies to TV shows."
Jasmine, "No, I want to make this quick. I'm pregnant and it's yours. And I would love to give you a DNA. But I'm still married and want to make things work with my husband."
Joe, "Than why aren't you home with him with your feet up, warm and you being pampered?"
Jasmine, "He's upset. And understandably so. But he'll get through it and we'll be fine. And so will our marriage."
Joe, "At his age and time, he just need to be grateful that a child is being born to be around his old man ass to liven him up."
Jasmine, "Don't do that. What we did was wrong. Look, I'm about to go."
Jasmine turns to leave...
Joe, "Insurance company."
Jasmine, "What?"
Joe, "That's my line of duty. Work. Not con artist."

Jasmine continues to walk out offering a half of smile. Joe watches from his window her take a taxi. Dwayne text Jasmine to come home and talk. She arrives an hour later.
Once inside Jasmine fixes herself some hot cocoa and Dwayne joins her at the table.
Dwayne, "I think we should separate."
Jasmine, "I--- I know that this is a lot but---
Dwayne, "My problem is in my eyes I put you on this pedestal and you failed. As much as I want to just get over it, I can't. I want to."
Jasmine, "If you really want to do something you can. I understand, I do. But why come I give you all this room to make mistakes after mistake and I don't get the same courtesy. I need you to want this marriage and to want to fix us. But at the same time I don't want to force it."
Dwayne, "You're having another man's baby."
Jasmine, "Speaking of. He's know. I told him today and told him a DNA test will be done. After that day Joe and I had sex I regretted since then and it never happened again. If I'm being honest, is he attractive? Yes. But am I looking to sleep or be with him? No. Do I like somethings about him that I wished you possessed? Yes. He allows me to be me. He doesn't act like I embrass him or have to act a certain way when certain people comes around. He know how to have fun and take a joke. You always nail me to the cross for the smallest things. Why is the gravy that brown? Why is the rolls too hot? Why is the sinks not spraying out like yesterday? Why did you iron my shirt like you ironed it yesterday? Why didn't you get done cleaning by 10:00 so you can start lunch and dinner on time? Why did it take you so long at the grocery store? And you know I'm trying to finish school and get my degree but instead you throw your stuff on my shoulders."
Dwayne, "So you resent me for the move and me stopping you from your studies?"
Jasmine, "No. All I'm saying is can we both make sacrifices? Can we both balance out things? While you're waiting on coffee you could went to the bookstore next door and picked up my books that way I wouldn't had to stop cleaning, take a twenty minute drive there and twenty minute drive back. Then lunch would have been done on time, when you wanted. The point is you never come through for me."
Dwayne huffs.
Jasmine, "Do you regret me? Do you regret marrying me?"
Dwayne remains silent and just walks out. Jasmine walks behind him, "No let's talk. I'm sick of this. I need to know what I need to do? Are we together? Do you want this or not? I need to know so I can move on and get things together for me and my child. Because either way I'm going to do whatever I got to do for my child and myself to be okay. You don't want to, I get it. I'm not mad. And I'm sorry for everything. I really am."
Dwayne, "I want a separation, a legal one. I want to have my fun and I'm pretty sure you will do the same. I think I was trying to get over my first wife, that's why I married again so quickly. And I'm sorry for that. Sorry for "victimizing" you."
Jasmine, "It's not that. I'm just telling you about my end. But every time it's time to talk you never say shit. TALK! I can't read your mind. The only time you talk is when you want to control or be insulting."
Dwayne, "The separations papers should be ready by tomorrow and I know you know where the courthouse is. And I will be renewing this lease when it's up Saturday."

Jasmine was now left out things and start over.