Chapter 6

The new roommates spent the next few days moving Kiran's belongings from his old apartment to Harlow's place. His old apartment was dingy and had an overwhelming scent of testosterone. Four guys, including Kiran had lived there while attending Bowfield. The place definitely fit Harlow's expectations aside from Kiran's room. It was kept in perfect array and actually smelled nice, like lavender.

While moving, Harlow got the chance to meet Kiran's best friend, Soren. He was extraordinarily tall like Kiran, but had black hair sheared close to his scalp and entrancing brown eyes. Soren's skin was deep and smooth, decorated with similar tattoos to Kiran.

The three of them made quick work of loading and unloading all the boxes into Harlow's place. Kiran and Soren worked together fluidly to move the heavy boxes, seeming to know what the other was going to do before they did it. Harlow worked on the smaller boxes and bags, piling her arms high before heading into the apartment. They piled all of Kiran's belongings in Amelia's room— Kiran's new room.

Once everything had been unloaded, the trio sprawled out on the living room furniture to relax. Sweat had beaded on Harlow's temples, but the boys seemed not to have tired at all. She wiped at her face with the back of her hand, letting out a groan. Her body was tired and achy and her mind just wanted to still.

"Thanks for your help guys." Kiran spoke, nodding once towards both of them. He looked surprisingly good clad in just a plain t-shirt and sweatpants. His hair was perfectly in place, curls plopped on the top of his head.

Harlow smiled back at him, nodding as well. She threw her legs over the arm of the solo chair, leaning her head back against the other arm. "No worries. No one is allowed to ask me to help them move for the next couple of months, though." She joked.

Kiran chuckled, but Soren just sat there stoically. He hadn't said more than a couple of words to her all day, and anytime Harlow caught him looking at her his expression was less than pleased. Soren didn't even know her and it already seemed like he didn't like her.

The room fell into silence as Harlow and Kiran pulled out their phones. Harlow scrolled through her social media feeds, swiping past photos of her friends and classmates. She peered up over the top of her phone to find Soren still staring at her, face set in a scowl. "What's up?" She asked, dropping her phone on top of her stomach.

Soren didn't reply right away, continuing to stare. His gaze was focused and intense. "Just trying to get a read on you." He replied through his teeth, finally tearing his gaze away. Soren seemed to have the same odd accent that Kiran did.

"Hey, be nice you two," Kiran warned, setting his phone down to turn towards Harlow. "He's just very serious, that's all." He offered a small smile to cut the tension radiating throughout the room. It didn't seem to work though, Harlow furrowed her brows and looked away.

"I guess I just don't understand what you want with Kiran. You've done enough." Soren snapped out, swinging his eyes back around to land on Harlow.

She sat up in her chair, eyes narrowed in his direction. "I don't know who the fuck you think you are, but I haven't done anything. We are friends, I needed a roommate, he needed a place to live." Harlow spit out through her teeth, gesturing with her hands angrily as she spoke.

Before Harlow could blink Soren was standing in front of her, eyes ablaze. His hands were balled up so tightly at his sides that he shook. "Do not speak to me like that, you shrew. You have ruined everything, we will never forgive you." He jabbed her hard in the chest with his finger. Soren seemed to be absolutely seething, the rage rolling off of him in waves.

The same instant Harlow got out of her chair, Kiran had pushed Soren away from her towards the door. "What are you on about? Get the fuck out!" She shouted, walking towards them.