{Rework} Chapter 6: The island

The gang was prepared, having 3 tents, cooking supplies, etc. Everything that they could possibly need for a 2-day beach day on a remote island, no internet, no power, no distraction. Just the sandy beach, mountain, and strong ocean waves.

The yacht was in the middle of the ocean, the island they were going on was about a 20-minute ride but decided to stop to enjoy the scenery of the ocean before heading to the island

Mike and the others were drinking some fine wine and enjoying the beautiful blue water. He admits he's not in the mood. But the presence of others having fun and relaxing bogs him.

Maybe it's because he's forcing himself to be okay... When clearly he's not. And he doesn't blame Sam or Nash for it. He knows deep down it's his fault... Stupid.

No... It's alright... People make mistakes. I made a mistake and I understand why people are upset but... SO WHY CAN'T I FORGET ABOUT THI~~

"Er... Mike?" Richard spoke, grabbing the doctor out of his thought and back to reality. His face showed a weird glare, not in a menacing way but in an awkward/uncomfortable way.

He fixed his composure and asked if he wants something. From his reaction, the Scottish man is trying to point something out, yet he isn't certain what it was. Mike looks at himself and realized that his ice cream already melted.

The once cold treat is now a stain on the man's shirt.

"Hang on, I'll see if they have a tissue or something" Richard responds while Mike tries to eat the rest of the ice cream but mostly just the cone. Hands sticky from the melted dessert.

The doctor stood up and unintentionally stumbled with Liam, who was holding a can of opened sodas. Spilling some on his already stained shirt. He apologizes and Mike spoke that it was fine. Adding that he already messed up the shirt in the first place so no point in worrying.

"Are you okay?" Liam asked, questioning the doctor.

Before Mike can respond, Liam admits that he saw him earlier, seems like he's been in his head for a while, thinking. The musician apologizes for staring but he just can't help it, even if they are no longer a thing he still cares for him, and if he wants to talk about it, or not, it's alright.

"Thanks but I'm fin-", Richard steps in and handed Mike some tissue. Explaining that they forgot to pack a few things but he manage to get some from Anton.

The feeling of being left out of the conversation, made Liam step back. But unfortunately, there was an empty can lying on the floor, and once Liam stepped on it, the musician lost his balance and fell from the edge of the yacht, body dropping on the large body of water.

It wasn't a high fall, luckily they were on the ground level, so the musician was just wet from the accident. Richard offered his hand, trying to stop himself from giggling but really failing and Liam took it.