Chapter 10: Friends

Next day

Nash decided that he and Arfeah should tour the other of the island and its beauty. They went on Arfeah's party bus and head out of the city

The trip is going smoothly. Zedd being the DJ, Charlie and Shawn singing clarity. Even if there is traffic, nobody is going to stop them from having a good time.

At the back of the bus, there is MIke, Buck, and Eddie chilling and vibing with the others.

Mike strikes a conversation with the firefighter. "Is he alright? he seems tense?" He asks Eddie and points at Buck.

"Oh he just wanted to say hi but doesn't have the guts to do it" Eddie replied and Buck kinda looks annoyed at his husband.

"Well, don't worry I don't bite. I'm Mikhail most people know me as Dr. Mike. I'm guessing you're one of those people" Mike replied shaking hands to the firefighters.

"Sorry. It's just we seem to not belong here. Everyone here is famous and we aren't one of those" Buck replied pointing the artist like Shawn, Charlie, Zedd, and everyone.

Mike smile and told Buck that they are just regular people too. They may be famous but they're still human beings and don't think that they are superior to others because of their status.

Buck nodded and the 3 continued to talk as the party bus continue to drive.

Mike saw Liam talking to a woman. Then his mind reminds him again of what his friend said.

__

Janice and Liam are sitting at the bus a bit far from Mike. She asks the pop star if everything is alright.

"Yes, I'm just not in the mood to party right now" Liam replied looking at his phone.

"Is it because of Mike?" She responds and it grabs Liam's attention.

He ask how did she know and she pulled her phone out and showed the picture. Janice said sorry for snooping around and Liam is alright with it.

She ask the question if they were close back then and he nodded.

"Yes, Mikhail was the closest friend I had before I made a mistake that hurt him" Liam replied looking at the doctor who is laughing with the others

Janice smiled and cheers up Liam. She told him that maybe this time they can be friends again. He shakes his head sideway and denying that they could ever be friends again.

"If Mike was your best friend, then I'm sure someday he will forgive you. Friends I know sometimes get mad at each other and never see eye to eye again, but true friends go to the same thing but the difference is they fix the problem and let go of the past. If Mike is your best True friend I'm sure someday he'll forgive you. Who knows it could be today, tomorrow, or the day after that" Janice replied making the pop star less sad and form a smile and saying.

"Wow, you are so sweet but sometimes annoying, kidding. Thanks, Janice.

She smiled and said there you go. That's the true Liam Payne she knows, the one that smiles, makes jokes, and has an incredible voice to sing.

She pulled Liam up and told his boyfriend[Zedd] " the next song, Liam is going to sing" She said and Zedd nodded.

They cheer and clap and Charlie gave the mic to Liam.

"What song will Liam sing?" Zedd asks and Liam thinks for a sec. "Oh, The Middle."

"Good choice" Zedd smirk and started playing.

Take a seat
Right over there, sat on the stairs
Stay or leave
The cabinets are bare and I'm unaware
Of just how we got into this mess
Got so aggressive
I know we meant all good intentions

So pull me closer
Why don't you pull me close
Why don't you come on over
I can't just let you go

Oh baby
Why don't you just meet me in the middle
I'm losing my mind just a little
So why don't you just meet me in the middle
In the middle
Baby
Why don't you just meet me in the middle
I'm losing my mind just a little
So why don't you just meet me in the middle
In the middle

Liam finish the song and he felt really happy. He forgot about the pain. The pain that makes him, not himself.

He thanks Janice again and she just said you're welcome.

The party bus drive to as many places as they can go.

Few bodyguards were there just to push the paparazzi. They had such a wonderful day.

__
Midnight

They are having dinner at a restaurant. Liam excuse himself as he need some fresh air and went outside.

He sat down on one of the empty benches. He looks around to see if anyone is around, judging that it's kinda late and they are pretty far from the city, doubt it.

He feels the cold air passing by, the chills. He wishes that he brought a jacket. He stares at the sky, watching the stars above.

He heard footsteps from behind but that didn't make his move.

"Mind if I sit?" A familiar voice said and Liam quickly recognize the voice.

He looks and sees the doctor, Mikhail himself. Sitting next to him wearing a jacket and holding a muffin in his hand.

"No not at all" the popstar replied moving to the left to give the doctor some space.

"It's a quiet night" Mike responds looking at the stars above.

"It is" Liam replied doing the same.

Liam looks at the doctor and was about to say something before he got interrupted by the man himself.

"Mikha--".   " Liam-"

They both laughs and told each other that he should go first. After a few seconds of laughing, Mike insisted he speak.

"I'm sorry for being an ass to you the other day. You didn't deserve it" Mike said looking down afraid of looking at the pop star.

"No don't be. I messed up. I left you alone when you needed me the most, so I get why you hate me. I hate myself too" Liam replied.

"Liam, I don't hate you. You are the best person I met and yes you left me but I realize why. You were afraid and I was so selfish that I didn't see it. So I'm sorry" Mike replied putting his arm on Liam's shoulder.

The two just stare at the eyes each other. Not daring to move for some reason.

A voice called at the back and both men moves away as far as each other.

"Hey, the party bus will be leaving in 5 minutes," Althea said pointing at the bus.

They thanks her and she walk away.

Liam stands up about to head to the bus when Mike offers his hand.

"Friends?" He asks.

"Friends" he replied grabbing the doctor's arm shaking it.