Chapter 8: Am I Ready?

Liam's POV

He just called Charlie and ask if they already ate? Which they haven't yet. He told Nash's parents about it and they nodded.

He sits down on one of the vacant chairs and looks at the staircase that leads towards the bedrooms of the others. He wonders if Mikhail is okay?

He saw him enter his room in a hurry before he called Charlie... Did something happen? Should I follow him? This question wonders in his mind for a while before his vision shifts towards the old married couple, laughing and dancing to the song as they prepare us lunch.

He got to admit it feels weird that they are the one who is preparing their lunch. They could have just eaten at any restaurant near here but the old couple insists as they haven't seen their son and daughter-in-law in a while. He remembers almost the same scenario as when he and his ex-wife were still together. Her and him cooking dinner while laughing at his jokes and dance moves.

He misses those old times but he is glad that things are still good between them. They might not be endgame, but he sure won't forget her and his son, Bear.

He continues to stare at the married couple before Rosita{George's Wife} looks at him with a worried face. She came towards him and ask if everything is alright?

He nodded and said that he just remembered something when he watch them dancing and laughing as they cook together.

Rosita then asks if the person he remembers is his ex-wife. She added that George told her about what they talk about at the fountain. He nodded and responded that they are still close and nothing changes between them.

She then ask Liam if he knows how to cook and the popstar nodded indicating yes. Rosita suggests that they could use a hand or two at preparing it...

He smiled and stands up, agreeing to help the Ilagan's at preparing them lunch. Liam grabs an apron and heads to the sink to wash his hands.

___

Zedd's POV

He, Janice, and Buck arrived at the living room with Nash and Arfeah. He looks around and notices that Liam is missing.

He ask the others and Nash said that Liam is helping his mom and dad prepare lunch. He added that they should be the ones helping them but he insist as he doesn't have much going on at the moment.

Janice ask Buck where his husband is and the firefighter replied that he is still asleep as he drank way too much on the flight.

They all sit down at the massive couch watching TV.

Shawn, Charlie, and Althea just arrived and proceed to sit beside them while Althea proceed towards the kitchen to help them cook.

___

Mike's POV

He just finishes sending his notes from last week and was about to head to the others when he got a call from his phone.

The doctor inspect and saw it's Pia Wurtzbach... A woman he date previously before she became the winner of the miss universe in 2016. Keyword dated... They never really state that they are together.

Mike question himself why suddenly she called him? Then again, he was surprised when Liam also got invited to the party so he shouldn't expect everything.

He answered the call and she heard her voice again after a long time. She greeted her and she did the same. Mike said it was straightforward not wasting any time and ask why she suddenly call? without being rude.

She laughs and said he still hasn't changed. After that, she told the doctor that he saw his name on the guest list and have to ask if he was really the one invited to the Ilagan Enterprises, Inc private party?

The doctor nodded and Pia ask if he is in the Philippines right now and the doctor nodded again.

As the two continue to talk and catch up. About their lives, their career anything that comes to mind. As he talks to her he drops his pen that he has been fighting for a while and when he picked it up, he saw Liam's bedside.

He gets back at the conversation but this time he can't erase the thought of the pop star in his mind.

He froze and Pia asks if he is okay. Mile responds that he is fine but Pia knows Mike he knows when he is lying, a power she learned when they were dating.

Pia asks Mike again and again until the man takes a deep breath and said to listen.

"What would you do when a person from your past suddenly appears and act as nothing happened... Like he didn't just leave you for all those years alone without someone to cry on?"

Pia was taken back from hearing this, he wanted to hug Mike after hearing that. He listens to him as he describes the person without revealing too much.

"Well, there must be a reason why he left you... Ask him... He was your friend once he must have a reason"

"That's the problem he was my friend but now... I can't even look at him after what he did"

"Well it's your choice and I don't want to push you into something you don't want to do... But if you can't forgive him then at least hear him out..."

She told Mike that if he has time they should hang out like old times. Mike agreed

Both said their goodbye and Mike drops the call while heading out of the room and to the others.

He thought of what her friend said to him. "If you can't forgive him at least hear him out."

That sentence kept repeating in his mind as he walks heading to the living room.

Without looking, he accidentally bumps into something or someone.

Liam.

"Mikhail I'm so sorry... I needed to charge my phone cause I'm expecting a call from my son later and I'm at 5 percent" Liam explained himself as he apologize to the doctor.

Mike just stands there frozen unable to move from where he is standing. He thought of the sentence yet again.

"Oh yeah... Sorry... I'll leave you now" Liam responds as he realizes that they aren't really in speaking terms.

Mike stood there as he watch his best friend walk away feeling down.

Should I be glad? He is suffering now...
But why do I feel so bad... I wanted him to feel the pain after what he did to me

But...

He steps towards the door and was about to open it when Liam opened it.

The two men just standing there for a few seconds. Mike sees Liam's eyes filled with emotion that just make him wanna hug him... But he can't.

Liam didn't look at him instead he just walk past him.

He is walking away...

"Li-..." He was about to call him when a door opened.

He looks and it's the firefighter he saw earlier from the flight... Eddie he thinks is his name.

"Did I interrupt something?" Eddie asks looking at him with a confused look.