CHAPTER 19 Triplets

" Which creature"? I asked.
   " They are many. You should be careful. This world may be peaceful and beautiful, but that does not make bad people to cease to exist. Do not trust easily, people may not turn out to be who they appear to be" he instructed. In his eyes, I could see the glint of worry and care he had for me while he spoke.

       " Thanks for the advice, I will be careful " I said. He was about to speak when the music came to an end. We bowed to each other before he took my hand and kissed it.

       " I must say, you look more beautiful today " he complimented, his eyes traveling from my face down my body and back to my face, making me blush.

     " And I must say you look handsome too " I complimented and he grinned, showing a set of pearl white teeth.

       Something seems off today. What do you think it is ? Oh, it is his entire demeanor. He seems more vivacious and friendly, I wonder why.

     " It was a pleasure dancing with you Milady."

     " It was a pleasure dancing with you Prince Edward " I bowed again.

     " Till we meet again " he said, his face returning back to the impassive expression he always held, then he walked away. I stood there as I watched his retreating figure.

      " He is handsome, isn't he ?" I heard a voice whisper into my left ear. I was about to turn my face to look at the person, when another voice from the right whispered;
     " He is Stony hearted and really cold. " I wanted to turn left when someone appeared in front of me.
      " Didn't think our princess would fancy him again " the girl grinned.

          Her hair was black and some parts were platinum blonde.

        " Hi sis " two other girls emerged from my sides and joined her. Wait! They both look like her, is this an illusion? I was astonished and I didn't blink for a while, with my mouth agape.

        " Big sis, are you alright? " They chorused.

       " Yes, oh- yes " I spoke, finally breaking from the shock.

      " Um, you three, are you all one?" I stuttered, and they all laughed.

     " Aye, I am her " the one at the left spoke, pointing to the girl at the right.

       " No..no..no she is me " the girl at the right spoke. With their argument, my head was already spinning. And when I couldn't take it anymore, I finally spoke.

        " Enough girls " I ordered and they stopped talking and looked at me.

      " What is your name "? I asked the girl at the center.

     " Tinah " she answered.

     " And you "? I pointed to the girl at my left.

      " Dinah " she answered.

      " You "? I pointed to the girl at my right.

     " Ginah " she answered.
   " We are triplets " They chorused.

     " Oh, I see " I smiled. I couldn't believe I was actually meeting triplets. I've heard of them, children born on the same day, it did sound absurd and unimaginable but today proved me wrong. They are the most amazing set of people.

       " Sister Eleanor, you don't remember us?" They chorused with sullen faces.

      " I'm sorry, I think I am in an Oblivion state " I apologized.