CHAPTER 13 TRAITOR

"Mmmmh...." I smiled in my sleep. "This stuff is quite soft and comfy. Wait! Which stuff"? I woke up and found myself on a large bed. I abruptly sprang up from the bed.

"Where's this place ? Is this another dream"? I thought as I surveyed the room. It was a very large, beautiful room. It was magnificent, stupendous, fascinating, what word could describe the beauty of this room. It was magical. I got down from the bed and my feet touched the floor, it was made of marbles. I grazed my feet on the floor, feeling the smoothness of the tiled floor. 

"I have to find out where this place is", I thought and walked to the window. I looked outside and surveyed the surroundings. The first thing I observed were the flowers below the building I was in. I also observed that the building was high. The compound was large and ornate. This place was celestial. It could only lead to a conclusion, that I was in the palace. I heard the melodious chirping of birds, especially from the tree not far from my window. The weather was nice and the sun was bright. There was serenity and peace of mind. I turned around and flinched. A pretty girl had been standing right behind me the whole time.

"Good morning princess" she greeted and bowed courteously.

"Good morning, and who are you"? I enquired.

"I am your personal maid" she answered.

"I see, and how did I end up here"?

" You were found yesterday by prince Clint"

"Prince Clint"?

"Yes. He found you in the forest. He saved you from prince Edward" the maid explained.
      I began to remember the whole event of yesterday. The last thing I remembered was when the house scattered and I saw poker face prince with a blazing sword. He killed the creature that was about to harm me and carried me in his arms. I remember calling him 'prince' and his face hovering over mine. I saw faintly a group of men with swords, and the prince on stallion approach us and threaten poker face before my eyes finally shut. From what this maid narrated, I am a bit confused on who is who.

"Who is prince Clint and who is prince Edward"? I asked.

" Prince Clint is the prince of Ingresh whilst prince Edward is the prince of Greenmark" she explained.

"Oh....I see" I said, before she continued.

"They have both been rivals since your disappearance. The three of you were childhood friends. Nobody could separate your bond. Until one day, after a severe fight between prince Clint and Edward, something happened. Edward sneaked out of the palace one night with you, Clint followed you all stealthily. Clint ran back to the palace with bad news. He said that Edward had pushed you into the forbidden portal. And since then, we never saw you again" the maid narrated. I was astonished by the whole story.

"One more thing. Prince Edward has been tagged a traitor ever since then".