CHAPTER FIVE Sublime

"What a paradise"! I exclaimed, as I ran down the valley. The flowers bloomed beautifully. "Wait. How did I end up here". I wondered. I sprawled on the floor, looking up to the blue sky.

       "Who knew I would end up in heaven. My fantasy world could feel so real" I  thought and smiled at the thought of not waking up again. One could say I am such a naive girl. Anyway, this place felt so real, I didn't want to wake up . I was jolted out of my thoughts back to reality by the clattering sounds of metals. I stood to my feet, trailing the sound curiously.

       Down the valley, I saw two knights in shining armors. I gasped at the sight of the trilling duel and that's when it dawned on me. I surveyed myself and discovered I was dressed nobly, and not my usual haggard clothing.

         "Don't you dare harm her" one of the knights snarled as I now realized they were both staring at me.
.     
      "Where am I "! I panicked.
      "Your highness, you have finally arrived" one of them finally said to me.

        "Your highness"? I repeated in bewilderment.
       "Princess Eleanor" The other called out and I was surprised to hear my name being called out by a stranger. Wait, did they just say 'princess' or am I hearing wrong.

       "Um, this shit is crazy. My name is Eleanor and not princess Eleanor. And you know what, I'll just go back to where I came from" I retorted and walked away from them. I marched back to the route I recalled I came from, but discovered everywhere were just flowers, it seems there was never a forest.

     I looked ahead of where I stood and turned around over and over again, trying to find the thick forest, but there was nothing but a vast mass of flowers.

       "What? How "? I screamed and fell on the floor and began to sob. Dad, Mum, Stephanie, and Mike must be looking for me. How did I get lost, I have no clue on how to go back to the picnic site.
    The worst is, this place is quite mysterious. I kept lamenting till I heard a familiar sound.

      "Neigh" the horse cried.

     "Hey, I know that sound". I murmured and lifted my face from my palm. It was the horse, the white horse that led me here. It was an inch away from from where I lay. I wiped my tears and stood to my feet.

    "Are you happy now that I am lost" I yelled.

      "Go away" I yelled again and began to walk away, but the horse kept following me.

       "What do you want from me"? I blared. But when I looked into the soft eyes of the horse, I felt compassionate towards it. I took a step closer to the horse and touched its face. Then I began to caress it and it moved its head in response to my touch. I felt emotional and hugged the horse tightly. The horse felt familiar and warm, I sniffed it and it smelled of flowers in spring. I unlocked from the tight embrace and caress its hair, it was a female horse.

      "I'm sorry for yelling at you, it's not your fault I'm here, it's all mine. Okay?" I apologized.

     " I think I'll call you Cindy"
    "Neigh" the horse cried and arched its back, with it's front legs waggling in the air.

         "You wanna take me on ride? Sure", I smiled after I understood the horse' s gesture.

        "This would be an adventure". I thought.