CHAPTER 17 He Who Dances

The king was taken aback by this sudden request. Even I was puzzled. The Hall suddenly fell silent as everyone watched the conversation between the king and poker face, waiting for the king's reaction to this daring request. The king turned to my direction and looked at me, his eyes lingering on me for a moment before he looked back at poker face.

      " Let the music begin " he ordered and the melody of music began to float in the air. With each male finding his female partner, they stepped into the center of the hall pulling their female partners along with them.

       " If it pleases you, you may dance with prince Edward" The King said to me. Of course it does, I have alot to discuss with him, I thought. I stood from my seat and made my way down the stairs, finally getting to where he stood.

    " If I may", he said as he took my right hand and kissed it. A blush crept up my face by this suave action. Not letting go of my hand, he pulled me along to the centre of the hall.

      We stood right below a chandelier that hung at the centre of the hall. I looked up at the golden chandelier that had golden candles, it was beautiful.

     " Milady " he called and my attention was diverted back to him. He pulled up my hand mid air whilst he entangled his fingers with mine. I felt his other hand wrap itself above my waist and pull me closer. I wondered what we were supposed to do next.

     " Place your other hand on my shoulder " he instructed and I obliged.

         Back at Artica, whenever music was playing, everyone would move their body, jumping up and down, their body vibrating to the rhythm of the song. Meanwhile, I believed that to dance meant to sway your body with your feet moving gracefully to the tempo of the song.

      " Eleanor that's not how to dance. I wonder where you come from, your dance is boring." Stephanie would say to me.

             Standing right here with this poker face, I wondered if I knew how to dance. I was called back to reality when poker face took a step back dragging me along with him.

       " If you can't remember how we dance, I can help you", he leaned closer and whispered into my ears. " Just move to the rhythm " he added. Pulling me along with him, he moved left with a step and I did so. We moved right and then I took a step back as he took a step forward.
        Soon, I began to flow with the dance. He pulled me away, spinning me before he pulled me back to him. He was so close to me, his face two inches away from mine. As I stared into his eyes everything seemed to fade away, except him. With his jet black hair that was combed backwards, which complimented his sea green eyes and his sculptured face, he seized my breadth. My heart palpitating with every second I looked at him, his gaze never breaking from mine. With the golden light that shone on him, he looked breadth taking. I danced with bated breadth, it all did seem like a fascination.

      With his calm and composed demeanor, I felt safe and at peace. He was the only person who had shown me the love and care I lacked. He led me when I was lost and helped me when I had no one, until he abandoned me and here he is.