CHAPTER TWO A Trip

Stephanie, Mike and I were seated at the back seat of the car. While mum and dad sat at the front seats.
        "Fasten your seat belts everyone, I'll be taking you all on a short trip today" dad grinned and ignited the engine.
        "Where? Where? Tell us dad" Mike asked excitedly.
         "You'll see for yourself " dad answered.

         Soon we were driving to God knows wherever. Stephanie was busy with her phone, there was a slight bump and I fell, slightly resting against Stephanie.
           "Eww gross. Don't touch me with that filthy body of yours bitch" she warned, dusting her body with disgust.
        "I'm sorry" I apologized.
         "Sorry for yourself bitch" she snarled and went back to her phone.
I looked outside the window and sighed. According to my foster parents, today is my birthday but they just pretend they don't remember, to make me feel bad. But I won't and will never. I've gotten used to it, it doesn't matter if they don't remember. After all they've tried their best by raising me and I am more than grateful for that, despite all the hell I've been through.
              Our car drove steadily through the road, the sides of the road were like forest, comprising of shady trees that seemed to be quite useful since they shielded us from the sun. I admired the beauty of this place, I love nature, it is indeed the most amazing thing on Earth.
        "Dad, this place is quite creepy, can you drive a bit faster" Stephanie complained.
          "I don't want my children getting scared, so I advise we get out of here quickly" mum butted in.
         "Alright my love, if you say so" dad complied and drove faster.
            "The environment is beautiful" I remarked and Stephanie gave me a   ' you are crazy ' kind of look.
         " Oh shut up Eleanor, you don't know what you're saying or perhaps you belong in the jungle" mum said scornfully, that had Stephanie and Mike laughing.
               Well, I kept quiet since my freedom of speech was restricted. I threw my gaze at the forest again but something I saw astonished me. I saw a white horse across the road.
        " Hmmm..." I sighed astoundedly and waved at the beautiful horse which kept galloping at the same Pace as our car. This beautiful horse kept looking at me.
          "What the hell are you waving at"? Stephanie inquired non- challantly.
          "The white horse, isn't it beautiful" I admired, my gaze still fixed on the horse.
              " Huh....a horse" Stephanie exclaimed excitedly as she looked outside the window.
          "Which horse"? She bluffed.
         "Is there a horse on the road"? Dad inquired.
          "I think Eleanor has gone crazy" Stephanie bruited.
             "There's no horse on the road, maybe she's gone nuts" Mike mocked and everyone laughed.
           "But I...."
         "Enough of this nonsense Eleanor" dad interrupted.
               Throughout the journey I had to keep my mouth shut to avoid trouble. "Finally we're here" dad sighed as he parked the car. Stephanie and Mike jumped excitedly as we got out of the car.
             "Who's ready for fun"? Dad asked.
               "Who wouldn't be"? Mum teased.