CHAPTER SIX: HIM

Talking about adventure, the struggle of mounting the horse was indeed an adventure. I never knew mounting a horse was going to be difficult. I don't know how to describe this experience but you can just picture me grimacing. Funny, isn't it? I looked around in search of something solid and big for support but found none.
     I held unto the horse' back and tried again and I did, I did it, I finally mounted the horse.

    Wait, I didn't do it, someone helped me.

   The triumphant smile on my face disappeared at the sight of a knight standing next to the horse.
    "My princess" he greeted with a slight bow.
    "Who are you?" I enquired.
   He took off his helmet and a dashingly handsome face came to view.

    "I am prince....." He said halfway and looked at me. Our eyes locked into an intense stare before he continued.
    ".....you don't remember me?" He asked, his eyes glimmering with expectation.
     I blinked hard and inhaled deeply.
"Remember who? What is he saying?" I thought and sighed.

   " Let me guess where I know you from?" I Said and his eyes glimmered with hope. I cogitated for a while before I finally remembered.
     "Oh yes, I remember you" I hollered and his sullen face lightened up.
      "You and another soldier were on a duel earlier. You were the one who called me um... princess Eleanor" I said and jumped excitedly on the horse.

    "Hmm..." He sighed sadly.
  I was still about to say another word when the horse cried and started galloping away.
     "Wait" he said and hurriedly mounted the horse.

     "Hold on tight" he ordered.

     "Hia" he kicked the horse and it moved faster.

     "Wooah! This is amazing" I screamed as we rode down the valley. I stretched my arms open and closed my eyes to enjoy the fresh breeze when someone whispered into my ears from behind.

    "I told you to hold on tight" he whispered and I opened my eyes and retracted my outstretched arms.

     "Okay prince" I said with a grin, but  then I heard a sweet chuckle. I couldn't believe that poker face prince  actually chuckled, it was the sweetest chuckle I've ever heard. I turned to look at him and caught him staring down at me. I blushed and looked away, and he chuckled again.

     "Okay princess, instead of looking at me and distracting me, why don't you look around" he suggested.

     "Hia"! He kicked the horse again and it increased it's pace.

    "Easy, that's my horse you're kicking" I warned.

      "So, you are now remembering huh" he teased. "Remembering?" I thought. "What is he talking about? Did I have a memory loss or what?" I thought again.
    I wanted to ask him a question when I realized he nuzzled his nose on my hair.

     "Do you want to learn horse riding ?" He said and lifted his face. I was puzzled by his action.

     "I'm good at horse riding" he boasted.

      "Sure" I replied.

  He stopped the horse and got off. He began to teach me how to mount a horse and how to position myself on it. This feeling, being with him felt familiar and warm.
       "How about I take you to where you belong".