48 ~ Matilda

Y/N POV

The next few days are pretty boring, despite how much fun Lizzie seems to be having. I do a lot of paperwork for the new artists and spend some time in the studio with Harry. We've gotten some good tracks down but still have a lot of work to do.

Lizzie has quickly made friends with most of my workers with her charm and interest in literally everything in the building. Everyone greets her before me now, but it's okay because she's my sunshine. I need a lot of sunshine today.

Today is Thursday July 8th and it's a year after I lost my mom. It's a weird day for me and the minute I woke up, my chest felt heavy. Now I lie awake thinking about nothing and everything as Lizzie snoozes, a soft snore keeping me grounded enough to not spiral.

I rub her naked back softly and try to focus on how her velvet skin feels against my fingertips. I memorize the way her body rises and falls subtly as she breathes, reminding me that she's there ready to support me through anything.

I don't notice the slight change in her breath until it's too late and her raspy voice is filling my ears. "Good morning, bug." She croaks out before yawning, pushing up onto her elbows to look down at me.

"Good morning sunshine." I greet her and comb my fingers through her messy hair.

She pouts softly as she rubs at her eye with one hand, her gaze searching my eyes for a moment before humming in thought. "Today isn't an easy day." She whispers after clearing her throat softly.

"Why's that?" I ask, not thinking she would remember what today means to me.

"Your mom died a year ago, baby." She whispers gently and leans down to kiss between my eyebrows.

"I know." I whisper back and sigh. "I didn't think you'd remember," I explain.

"It matters to you, of course I remember. How are you feeling?" She asks, resting her palm on my cheek, her thumb brushing against my skin. Her undivided attention both makes me nervous and comforted. The care I see in her eyes makes me feel like we have all the time in the world to talk. I can see the patience in her eyes.

"I'm okay...just thinking." I offer and she nods softly.

"Do you want to talk about it or do you want kisses?" She asks, a sweet smile on her face and I can't help but grin.

"Kisses please...talking later." I assure her.

"As you wish." She whispers as she leans down to seal our lips in one of the softest kisses I've ever received. Her lips speak the words that I need but I'm not ready to hear and my chest feels more open like I can finally breathe.

I wrap my arms around her naked back to keep her as close as possible and breathe her in, taking in all the comfort her touch is giving me.

My phone buzzes and I groan, smiling when she giggles as she pulls away from my lips. "If it's anyone but Aiden I will riot." I mutter as I reach to pick it up.

I roll my eyes when I see the name but answer anyway. "Harold...what do you want?" I ask and Lizzie giggles at my obvious annoyance.

Harry: Good morning, love. I wanted to call you and tell you I love you

Y/N: Oh...I love you too. Is everything okay?

Harry: Yes, I just know today might be a lot for you...just want you to know that you are loved.

Y/n: That's very sweet Harry. Thank you.

Harry: Well I'm your big brother now so I have to take care of you.