47 ~ Little Freak

Y/N POV

After our weekend together I feel even more in love and happy that we are together. Lizzie is so adorable and sweet and I can't get enough time with her. It helps that she wants to be around me all the time too.

So we walk hand in hand into the studio Monday morning, coffees in hand to meet Harold for day one of his week with me. I have to limit the time he gets with me because if I don't I'll be dragged away for a month like Jamaica and I do not want to repeat that. It was nice but I also hurt one of his band mates and she left so...whoops.

Lizzie swings our hands as we walk and I look over to her carefree smile. Fuck she's adorable.

I hope our conversation yesterday didn't make her too sad. I didn't mean to bring it up and felt even worse when I saw how sad she looked. We cuddled and kissed a lot and I think that made her feel a little better.

The whole thing made me think of this song I worked on a while ago...years ago at this point and it's coming back at a great time. I was contacted recently about writing some music for Euphoria season two and after getting a general sense for the characters and storyline I instantly thought of this song I have yet to name.

A character named Elliot is set to sing to Rue so as soon as I sit down at my computer and pull up the demo I name it Elliot's Song.

Lab is going to come by and use my studio for season 2 here and there so I want to make sure the demo is good enough for them to use.

"What is this?" Lizzie asks as she wraps her arms around my neck. I reach up to grab onto her wrist as I press play as she stands behind me.

"A demo that I want to give to Lab and Zendaya." I explain as the soft guitar fills my speakers.

I've got no place, Buildin' you a rocket up to outer space
I watch you fade, Keepin' the lights on in this forsaken place

I realized soon after I lost her that I put Lizzie on a pedestal, I also pushed her to reach her dreams and leave me behind while she watched me fade into unhappiness. We made the correct choice for what was happening no matter how much I thought about how we could have done it differently.

Little star, Feels like you fell right on my head
Gave you away to the wind, I hope it was worth it in the end

She was always my star and it really felt like the world just dropped her in my lap so I could fall in love with her. But I gave her away so she could live her dreams.

Us against the world, Just a couple sinners makin' fun of hell,
If I keep you here, I'll only be doin' it for myself

It felt like it was us against the world, breaking rules and trying to navigate our relationship. If I had kept her with me, everything would have been so different. I thought about being selfish and asking her to focus on us a little more, but I'm glad I didn't.

Little star, Feels like you fell right on my head
Gave you away to the wind, I hope it was worth it in the end

I always hoped it was worth it and as soon as I saw her success I knew it was. But now that she's back in my life, I also know it was worth it for us too.

I know this thing is broken, So I leave my door wide open
Been some time since we've spoken, One day, we'll meet again

We were broken so I knew I had to let her go, but I always left my heart open to her. I always had hope that she would come back to me, and that's why I never said goodbye.

Little star, Feels like you fell right on my head
Gave you away to the wind, I hope it was worth it in the end
You and my guitar, I think you may be my only friend
I gave it all to see you shine again, I hope it was worth it in the end
I hope it was worth it in the end