10 ~ Photograph Pt. 2

Y/N POV

I'm so fucking tired. Emotionally, physically. You name it. It's literally not even been a day and I'm already tired.

I think most of it is dealing with or not dealing with my grief. But I don't really have time for that. I have to be a responsible adult and make sure the children have everything they need.

Dinner was delicious and everyone enjoyed it. Aiden got sauce all over his face which is something that usually annoys him but I think he was too distracted with how yummy everything was.

I make sure to gently wash off his face before he runs off to play.

"Auntie...can we play music?" Mia requests as we put our dirty dishes in the dishwasher.

"Sure. What do you want to play?" I ask and watch as she thinks about it. I notice Lizzie also watching in curiosity while Pam heads upstairs for a shower.

"I think Photograph." Mia decides and I smile softly. It's one of the family's favorite songs I've done so I'm not surprised she picks it.

"Do you want to play it or do you want me to?" I ask as I follow her to the lounge.

"I want to play it." She decides. Lizzie also follows and Aiden jumps up to sit next to her on the couch. I sit with Mia and go over the chords with her before she starts playing it.

"Auntie, I want to sing." Aiden informs the room before I can even open my mouth.

"Okay, go ahead bud." I prompt and watch as he shifts closer to Lizzie. She smiles softly down at him as he starts to sing. I know that Bradley used to play this song for the two when they were young. My eyes scan the room, landing on various photos of the family until I stop on the picture I gave them so long ago.

It's the picture we took during my first year in New York in Rockefeller center. I swallow back a sob and take a deep breath, looking back to Mia as she finishes off the song. "That was awesome. Good job kiddos." I compliment and look up to see Aiden bouncing, a small smile on his face.

Lizzie is smiling down at him and wipes at her cheek. Wait, was she crying?

"Alright, it's bedtime." I announce and they both get up to go to bed easily. Aiden knows his routine and Mia likes to make sure it doesn't get messed up so I'm not surprised that they follow the directions easily.

Aiden holds Lizzie's hand and pulls her up with us. I think it's cute how easily he decided to like her. He usually takes a while to warm up to new people. Pam meets us in Aiden's room and he giggles when he sees her.

"What are you giggling about little man?" She teases and he giggles some more.

"What story do you want, Aid?" Mia asks as he crawls into bed.

"I want Gruffalo." He decides.

"Oh this is my jam. Can I read it bud?" I ask and watch as he thinks about it.

"Okay." He decides. "Goodnight." He says to Pam and Lizzie who exit the room at his prompt. Mia snuggles up to him and he giggles again.

"Auntie." He interrupts before I even start.

"Yes?" I respond.

"Where is mama and dada?" He asks and I sigh, my stomach in knots.

"Well, you know how you got in an accident in the car?" I ask.

"Yes. We flipped over. The firefighters helped me." He recalls.

"Well, the doctors tried to help your mom and dad, but the car flipping really hurt them." I describe slowly.