20 ~ Marie

Y/N POV

When I walk back into the house I can't help but smile at Mia sitting with Marie on the couch as they chat quietly. Derek is already doing man things and repairing something in the kitchen.

I don't want to interrupt their little conversation so I head out to the back porch, unsurprised when Lizzie joins me.

"Aiden called Harry, Uncle Harry." She points out and I nod.

"Yeah, I told you I couldn't get rid of him. I love him a lot honestly. He's a great uncle to the kids too. Mia loves him so much that she gatekeeps him from her friends. They have one clue that she spends time with him when he comes with me to visit. It's really sweet." I explain and she grins.

We both look to the door when Pam walks through before sitting in the seat between us.

"So...how are we doing?" She prompts when we don't speak.

My eyes flicker to Lizzie before shrugging. "Been better but I'm not horrible today." I try to explain.

"That's okay. Everything is set with the funeral, all we have to do is show up. Y/N you need to make sure you are ready for To Build a Home though." Pam reminds me and I sigh.

"What if I just didn't?" I try to get out of it.

Pam shrugs. "I mean Bradley wanted you to but go ahead." She gently guilts me.

"Don't worry, I'll do it." I cave instantly and she grins.

"I really like that song." Lizzie joins the conversation.

"Me too." Pam agrees.

"Aiden is smart. It's like...the song is kind of from Bradley's perspective and I like it." I explain before the door slides open again, my brown eyed friend joining us. She plants herself in the chair across from Pam and kicks up her feet onto my lap.

"Get your grubby feet out of here." I tease and push her away.

"Fucking rude." She complains and pulls her knees into her chest.

The door opens again and I smile when Mia joins us, her phone playing some song I don't recognize. "Auntie, come make a tik tok with me!" She requests and I scrunch my nose in disgust.

"Hell no." I deny and she pouts. Dammit. "Okay fine. Teach me the dance." I fold easily and let her pull me out of my seat and into the yard. She sets her phone up on one of the stairs and backs up.

I spend the next ten minutes trying to learn a dance that should be easy while my friends laugh at me. It's honestly rude but at least everyone is smiling. Once Mia is happy with my performance she runs back inside giggling to herself. She makes me do those things all the time.

I follow her in to grab a ginger ale and smile at my sister. "Hey." I greet.

"Hey, come here." She prompts. "I haven't gotten to check in with you." She comments as I sit.

"I'm fine." I offer and she narrows her eyes at me.

"The bags under your eyes say otherwise." She calls me out.

"They are designer." I comment and she smiles.

"Talk to me. What's on your mind?" She asks and I sigh.

"Too much. I...I miss him." I admit as emotions grow in my throat.

"Me too." She admits and I sigh, leaning into her body to lay my head in her lap.

"He was always the one that knew what to do. I came to him for everything." I share.

"He was very good at being a big brother...even if he was younger than me." She teases lightly.