Reliving the lovely memories.

Start from the beginning

He meant to make her Mrs. Walworth and give her a better and stress free life where she didn't have to toil day and night. It wouldn't be a problem to convince his father. But would the others accept her, his friends and the media? 'They didn't have to know anything,' he decided. 

Zahra was a pious girl who held her ground, even when people taunted her and laughed at her because of her all-black ensemble. Was her religion so different from what people pictured? He would definitely look it up. She was a very innocent and a good woman. No one could picture her as some criminal for even a second. But things were the other way round here. She was a victim and some gang was after her. Why? He had no idea, but he determined to find out.   

David couldn't believe how severely he'd treated her. Maybe it was all because he thought she lived a peaceful life, while he had to tackle with a new and urgent problem each day. But that was certainly not the case. Zahra lead a very much hectic life than him. She had a thousand problems on her plate. And each one was more urgent and difficult than the last. Even her life was in danger!    

He felt weird knowing the truth about his heart's condition. It had never hammered away like this before, when he thought of anyone. That day, when he saw her sleeping, he couldn't resist and had quickly snapped a picture of her. Unfortunately, Laura had caught him in the act, making him delete it! But, he was smarter than that. The picture was as good as real in his phone, still. 

David had tried not to look at it because it wasn't morally right since Zahra wore a scarf. But now, he let it all go to nothing and opened the picture. There she was, the 'Sleeping Beauty' looking so tranquil and striking with the curled locks strewn across her face. He brought it closer to his face and kissed the screen repeatedly and passionately. And then he mentally smacked himself. What was he doing?? 

It was official. David Walworth had gone, utterly, hopelessly crazy!!

The days passed on smoothly. Zahra was getting better each day. She could walk on her own now, but with the help of crutches. She had an appointment with the doctor one day. Laura was in a fix as to how she should take her there as the lift was out of order since quite some time now. After thinking out a thousand techniques, she decided to call David and tell him the problem.

"Hey, Laura. How come you remembered me today? Is everything fine?" "Oh yeah. Actually, I needed some help. Zahra has to go to the hospital today, and the lift's not working. I don't want her to take the stairs, she might fall. Can you come down for a bit?" "Certainly, I will. Don't you worry, alright," David assured her as he hung up. He had another motive to see that girl again.

"Um...hey. How did you know I had to go out today?" Zahra asked, as she saw him come up the stairs towards their apartment. "Oh right! Laura must have told you. Well, you don't need to worry, I can manage on my own," she said and headed towards the staircase. "Ms. Fatimah please let me help you. It's too dangerous. You might fall," David told her worriedly. "You don't need to tell me that. I know what's right for me, okay."

But, as soon as she stepped on the first stair, her foot slipped. She was on the verge of falling when David quickly grabbed her hand from behind and pulled her towards him. "I told you it's not safe," he spoke in a soft but stern voice.