Oliver's hand faltered on a strap. "That's the goal." He said with a sigh.

Draco reached over and placed his hand over Oliver's, helping him finish securing the strap. He leaned close to Oliver. "Are you worried?"

"I have men unaccounted for and others relying on me to lead them safely through a battle against monsters. I would be a careless leader if I weren't worried." 

Draco's fingers interlaced with Oliver's. "This is one reason why I want to join you. You're a good leader."

A small smile crept up on Oliver, and he felt a sense of security with Draco encouraging him.  At the same time, his blood boiled with anticipation because he was going to fight alongside Draco for the first time. Finally, they could fight on the same side.

"And the other reason?" Oliver asked, masking the excitement in his eyes.

Draco smirked. "Call me overprotective." He turned back and finished packing his gear. 

Oliver stared at his back for a moment. This protectiveness and care filled him with warmth. With a small smile, he finished his preparations. 

He was about to mount his horse when a large group of men approached the barn.  Some had spears and arrows in hand, and others were fidgeting nervously. 

Oliver glanced over them as he crossed his arms across his chest. They were like new soldiers entering the war. "Are you nervous?" He asked them

"No, Boss!" The group of soldiers lied. 

Oliver snorted. "Don't bullshit me. Are you nervous?"

Sal, the soldier who had traveled with him from the capital, stepped forward. "Yeah, boss. I feel like my heart is going to beat out of my chest."

Oliver laughed a little and placed his hand over his own heart, feeling the proud beats gifted to him by the dragon.

"That's good.  It's good to be nervous."  He closed his eyes and felt the chilling winds wrap around him. "Being nervous awakens your body and prepares your senses for war... You're racing heartbeat isn't the signal to retreat, but the sound of your own war drum."

He opened his eyes and saw many men with their hands on their chests.

"And if you still cannot trust your bodies or senses, trust me instead. Trust that I will never lead you into a hopeless situation because your lives will always be my priority." Oliver said with a reassuring smile.

A fevered looked was burning in everyone's eyes, and they loudly cried out, "Yes, Boss."

"Good, let's go kill some overgrown birds." Oliver laughed as the men cheered. 

The march into the Misty Passage was quiet, despite the previous furor.  A dense fog sat above them like an ominous cloud.  It amplified their unease alongside the eerie noises that surrounded them.  The woods around them creaked and groaned, echoing off the mountain walls. The passage was unnerving because it played with your senses and fed your anxiety.

Only Oliver and Draco seemed calm. 

"So, how do we kill Silver Wraiths?" Draco asked quietly in the lonely passage.

"Simple. Take out the wings and stab it in the back of its head." Oliver answered.

Draco hummed happily. "Seems easy enough. I've killed ice serpents, trolls, and even a few frost basilisks, but I have never been able to fight a Wraith."

Oliver gave him a long look. "What about a hydra?" 

He couldn't forget how Draco was injured in his last life. A terrible battle with a hydra ripped apart his face and throat, stealing his voice forever.