thirty-one

They arrived in New York and found the Legend. Ben seemed to be on cloud nine though after their conversation on the roof.

               And he was. I adore you. The words echoed in his head and he was determined to prove to her that she could be happy and that she didn't need to be scared.

            So he flirted a lot more and she swore her cheeks were in perpetual red as they knocked on the door of the Legend.

The door opened, "What the fuck do you want?"

"Legend," Ben greeted.

The older man wore glasses and he blinked, "I must've took too much fucking coke."

"It's me, Legend," Ben said before saying sarcastically. "Alive and fucking well."

Legend turned his eyes to her and she waved cutely from behind Ben, "Hi."

"Somehow, you're back from the dead and you're friends with Poison Ivy?" Legend asked. "How the fuck does that happen?"

"I got lucky," Ben smirked.

"Some fucking luck," Legend answered in astonishment.

"Look, I'm here for the suit. Do you have it?" Ben said.

"Come inside," Legend said as he left the door open and they followed him inside.

                   "It's all right here," he gestured to the suit. "Even got the shield.

                 "Great," Ben smiled. "You still got that coke?"

                  Jane gave him a look, "You're going to do drugs?"

                 "It's just one line," Ben argued. "Lay off."

                 "Excuse me? Did you just say lay off?" she crossed her arms.

                 He gained a nervous smile, "I...I meant that politely."

                 "You better have," she smirked slightly at the nervousness before she left his side to look at all the stuff on the walls.

                 Ben went over and sat on the couch next to the Legend. The man handed him a little metal tray with lines of cocaine.

                 "She really has your dick on a leash," Legend commented. "Never seen that before."

              Ben inhaled the line of coke up his nose and they talked quietly.

               "It's because she's fucking hot," he stared at her looking at a Payback poster. "She's making me be patient..."

                    "Wait, you haven't fucked her yet? You?" Legend asked. "Have you even kissed her?"

                   Ben huffed, "No."

                   Legend chuckled, "Man, are you fucked. You weren't even like this with Countess."

                   Ben gave him a glare as he argued, "She's special."

                  "And that's why you're fucked," Legend said. "But, don't worry, it happens to the best of us."

               Jane turned to them and their whispering. She assumed they were talking about her but she didn't much care. She sighed, "Can we go now?"